GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
just bought a gopro hero 3 black and when using app on iphone i can only get a preveiw when not recording it tells me live preveiw not supported when its recording is there anyway to fix this

·
Registered
255 Posts
same here....

My Black does that too and I am using the Google Nexus 7 tablet (Android type app). What really sucks is that the previous app for the tablet DOES show the preview while the camera is recording. I don't know why the minds at GoPro decided to make the change, it would have been nice to see what the camera is doing while it is recording, especially if you have it mounted on something and wanted to see the pov and not wait until you have it into the computer and loaded into the harddrive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
highspeedphoto wrote:My Black

highspeedphoto said:
My Black does that too and I am using the Google Nexus 7 tablet (Android type app). What really sucks is that the previous app for the tablet DOES show the preview while the camera is recording. I don't know why the minds at GoPro decided to make the change, it would have been nice to see what the camera is doing while it is recording, especially if you have it mounted on something and wanted to see the pov and not wait until you have it into the computer and loaded into the harddrive.

Hopefully it's just a stuff up in the app then and will be fixed soon

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't think you're supposed

I don't think you're supposed to be able to get a live preview while recording. That's a TON of bandwidth you're talking about. The GoPro would have to record the original video, encode it to MP4, and at the same time encode another lower res video for streaming and read it to send via Wifi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts