GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've acquired a Gopro Hero 3 Black edition for about almost 2 years now along with the LCD touch backpack. I am new to all this Gopro stuff and need an expert to help me with some advise. I have 2 problems and a question to address.

Problems

1. Ever since Ive gotten the LCD backpack, the screen looks staticy all the time indoors, and sometimes outside. Do I have to adjust the setting? Is this normal? Do i have to replace my backpack or something, if so, how much will it cost?

2. I recorded some videos with my students and was going to create a promotion video to post on my website. I looked at the footage (it was filmed outside, less static) threw the Gopro and it looked pretty good. As soon as i imported the videos to my computer, the video was barely moving and the audio was way off. What do i do to match the footage and audio together so they can flow smoothly?

Question

My students are a mixed variety of gymnasts and free runners, what would be the best setting for filming their flips and also making transitions? Any advise is helpful.

Thank you for answering any of the questions. Any advise is better than none.

-J

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
When you view via a puter, your files should be placed on a hard drive, so the camera is not acting as a reader. even though the read speed is fast, The puter has to be within specs as the camera and that is where playback suffers. audio, video and stutter.

I answered one question

For the lcd screen part, could that be the contrast. but since lighting is key any low light makes this cam suffer and that you see is the grain. you said static and that is where possibly my answer is not correct? the lcd is not HD1080P but just enough to say I am aligned my shots look good, and I see a fair quality shot? It is like an Smartphone. or worse?

You have Wi-fi and how does that look via the gopro App?

If settings are what you are after try Hd1080P 48, and 60fps and they will capture sports. the outdated model has4Kbut at 12-15fpsand that is enough to still capture and zoom in for excellent quality. but many will differ about the fps on this. The importance is its video and captured then not having it at all.

hope this answered a little

FISH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to answer my questions. I looked on the app and the resolution looks better, although its delayed a bit, but its still better than nothing. You were right about the grain, i mis phrased grain with static I apologize.

Quick question, since black Friday is in 2 months. Should I wait to buy a Hero 4 Silver or keep the Hero 3 Black and maybe buy or assemble a cam caddie scorpion? Again thank you for the answers you've helped me a lot, you're a life saver!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts