Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking at getting the Hero 2 and wondered if anyone has used there Ipad 2 for putting clips onto and editing and if so how do you find it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You will be able to import

You will be able to import and view raw video files using the Camera Connection kit, taken with your GoPro.

Unfortunately Apple did not make iMovie capable of editing video that was taken on anything other than an iDevice.

There's is another alternative for the iPad called Reel Director, but I haven't had any luck with GoPro files yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mickey G wrote:You will be

Mickey G said:
You will be able to import and view raw video files using the Camera Connection kit, taken with your GoPro.

Unfortunately Apple did not make iMovie capable of editing video that was taken on anything other than an iDevice.

There's is another alternative for the iPad called Reel Director, but I haven't had any luck with GoPro files yet.

iMovie imports and converts raw GoPro files on the fly, it works fine on intel based machines with Lion. The ipad, i do not know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
GoPro/Ipad2

If you are looking to transfer GoPro files to your iPad2 and to edit GoPro files on your Ipad2, it CAN be done. Here is how:

I am working with the Hero1 and an Ipad2 running IOS 5

Instructions:
1. Begin by updating your Ipad2 to the newest software (currently IOS 5)
2. Download the iMovie App- it's $4.99 in the App Store
3. Buy the Apple camera connector kit- it comes with 2 adapters- one for an SD care and another for a USB (it's $30 and can be purchase from BestBuy)
4. Turn on your GoPro and take a video. Mine was in R3 mode because I wanted the best quality. This video will come in handy later.
5. If all you want to do is shoot video/pictures on the GoPro and upload them to your iPad2, the process is straight forward. Take the SD card out of the GoPro and simply insert into the iPad2. The iPad will automatically recognize your files and you're good to go.
6. If you want to find GoPro files that you have previously taken and stored on you computer and transfer them to your iPad, the process is just a little bit trickier. The SD card must be formatted in FAT. Mine is formatted in FAT32, I am not sure if FAT16 works as well, so the rest of the instructions are for FAT32. To format an SD card, right click on the SD card in my computer and choose format (NOTE-this erases all data from the card).
7. OK, so the SD card is now formatted in FAT32 and inserted in your computer. Open the SD folder and find the test video you created in Step 4. I believe the file should be located My Computer--->>DCIM. The file that the test video created will be 8 characters, named something similar to "GOPR1245".
8. Find the GoPro files on your computer that you want to transfer to the iPad2. Drag and drop those videos into the location where the test video files is. You want your test video file and your computer files to be located in the same area of the SD card. If you have named your GoPro videos that were on your computer, sadly, they will need to be renamed again. Following the same pattern as your test video file, simply increase the file number by one. If the test video file was GOPR1245, then rename your transferred file to GOPR1246. the numbers aren't important, just as long as the video you are attempting to transfer has the exact same "look" as the file the GoPro generated. This is so we can "trick" the iPad into thinking the video was recently shot by the GoPro.
9. That's it. Just plug the adapter+SD card into the iPad2 and it should recognize your new files and offer to import them.
10. Hopefully that all worked, then edit away in iMovie!

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want to transfer any

If you want to transfer any kind of data to your iPad, you can use an automatic transfer tool. Additionally, putting clips and onto editing can be easily done. you can simple google it for that. For info on iPad transfer, visit: http://www.filetransferipad.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.