GoPro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trade shows will be VIrtual in weeks to come, by now we should be hearing some news. GP-2 chip for sure, it is what about 5 years later. still using the same 1/2.3rd sensor, up the game. We all are looking for a better EIS in low light. and better axis for the bounce, and most important the issues that came along to be left behind. 6 months before you know it a new product will be hear.

What would you like to see in the Hero 1.0 (Hero 10)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't think they'll switch to a camera with a 1 inch sensor? Especially since insta360 has a 1" sensor on one of their modular action cameras?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1/2.3 to 1/1.7″ they will follow what another company has done

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have given up on GoPro. My best cam was the good old Hero 4. Afterwards they have only produced rubbish and customer service does no longer exist. They cheat you into buying bundles and then you do not get all of the promised parts of the bundle. I switched to DJI and never looked back.

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
GoPro has used the GP1 processor in its cameras since 2017’s Hero 7 Black. It’s time for a change, and the situation is only made worse by the continuing development of the software. More features and complexity, run by more-or-less the same engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The first GoPro's were revolutionary, great innovative devices. After the GoPro 4 they started to lose their edge and there was no longer progress.
I was so stupid to buy the latest model and was told a year free of GoPro Plus. Did not happen as I had had a GoPro before. Customerservice no longer existent, as they do not pickup the phone and do not answer emails.
I have sold my GoPro. I bought a great DJI drone, so decided their DJI Osmo. Well, if you have one of those, you never look back to GoPro.
They should withdraw from the market with their inferior quality and cheating on their customers.

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DJI uses teh Ambra chip, they have not yet offered us in firmware the dual recording feature of that chip. totally agree DJI is the Goto camera then goPro. to have now a name like Go Pro, its nothing professional, WOAH wait I am a gopro forum staff Lol Yes love both cameras but gopro has fallen ever since they went from the hero 4 to a waterproof camera

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rubbish, the DJI Pocket 2 is not as good as the Hero 9, it is much dearer than a Hero 9, it does not record higher resolution, it has no removable battery, it does not support HEVC, and i can't connect an external Mic or HDMI device, plus more negatives.

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol DJI pocket 2 and hero9 not a match go fish.

two different types of cameras, if asked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Lol DJI pocket 2 and hero9 not a match go fish.
two different types of cameras, if asked.
You cannot compare Pocket 2 with a Hero9, absolutely poles apart from each other, the Pocket 2 is a toy compared to Hero9, except it has a different Sensor, and it does not even support to record in HEVC, it has a small screen on the front, and i cannot add other accessories to make it more professional like the Hero9, yet the price of the Pocket 2 is $150 more here in Australia, but i like how i can use the controls on the handle.

My comparison to the Hero9 is the Osmo Action camera, they are both action cameras, they even look similar in design, but the Pocket 2 is not versatile enough compared to the Hero 9, even still cannot record HEVC video, which to me is stupid by them.

After the GoPro 4 they started to lose their edge and there was no longer progress.
That comment right there is utter rubbish, how on earth can you seriously suggest that after Hero4 there was never any more progress ???
What about all the changes to recording resolutions and recording modes, stabilization, having the ability to add many accessories to make the camera more professional, and so it goes on, that to me is a sign of a company who designs their cameras so that they can be kitted out with accessories to make them more professional, i still cannot do this with any other action camera out there.
As for GoPro cheating you and the lies, well i just take that with a grain of salt.

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
youtube already has it planted. Hero X soon to release according to people and crises increase to delay many products

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
YouTube is full of people and their ideas or wish lists - I was asking for any solid leaks etc. Guess there are none just yet......

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
September30th the camera Expo is out, by then Oct8th pre-orders or sales will be out

·
Registered
509 Posts
its almost september, still no leaks ?

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
camera mimicking a smartphone lenses.

·
Administrator
2,844 Posts
Looks like a GP2 chip, providing the ability to capture 5K at 60fps......

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
moved to the Hero 10 section.

Yeak 5.3 to 5.3 and 30fps could been upped to 48fps but they wow'd us with 60fps Lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts