Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GoPro HD Hero2 - Problems with DEFAULT MODE
I just bought the new GoPro HD Hero2 yesterday (October 24, 2011) and for the most part I'm really liking the improvements (the LCD display and menus, 4 red blinking LED lights, better low-light capabilities,...etc.) It's definitely much nicer and easier to use than the HD Hero 1080. :)

So far I only noticed a problem with the DEFAULT MODE. :(
When I set the default mode to VIDEO, and power the vidcam off then back on again, it strangely comes up in PHOTO mode.
And likewise...
when I set it to PHOTO mode it powers up in BURST mode
when I set it to BURST mode it power up in TIME LAPSE mode
when I set it to TIME LAPSE mode it powers up in TIME DELAY mode

Oddly enough there is actually no TIME DELAY mode available on the DEFAULT MODE settings menu.
And it's also not listed as an available mode in the user manual. I wonder why they missed this 5th mode?
The only 4 modes available in the DEFAULT MODE setting menu (in cyclic order) are: VIDEO > PHOTO > BURST > TIME LAPSE

Does anybody else have this new Hero2 vidcam and experiencing the same problem... or have any suggestions to fix it?
I already reported this problem to GoPro Technical Support. Hopefully they can fix it with their next/first firmware update.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay I got an official email

Okay I got an official email reply from GoPro Support Staff today regarding this problem... within 24 hours (pretty fast response).
Nice work GoPro staff!

Apparently, I was pressing the power/mode button THE WRONG WAY when I was powerring up the camera.
The correct way is just PRESS AND RELEASE.
But I was HOLDING DOWN the power/mode button until the the camera beeped and the LEDs flashed (similar to when powerring the camera off). That's the WRONG way and it makes the camera power up in the NEXT SEQUENTIAL mode... hence the problem I was seeing.

I was also wrong about the SELF-TIMER MODE not being mentioned in the User Manual (this is the 10-second time delay mode that allows you to press the button and run to get in your own picture). It is actually covered in page 16 of the manual.

·
Banned
31 Posts
Very good info! Thank you

Very good info! Thank you for coming back and updating us with the fix. We'll make this post a sticky since I'm sure others will have the same problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Thanks! ... just sharing

Oh Thanks! ... just sharing the wealth of knowledge.

BTW in this case I was relieved to find out the problem was with ME
... rather than with my new camera. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if the problem was

Not sure if the problem was you - or me - I had the same problem. Maybe the manual.
Anyway: THANK YOU a lot. I was searching for exactly that problem. A long time !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I too was having the same

I too was having the same issue so I went to one button record which was a pain. Glad to get my functionality back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought I was the only one

I thought I was the only one who was doing this. I realised my mistake myself but felt a right idiot for not spotting it sooner. Good to know there are others like me out there :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
New GO PRO

I bought a new go Pro Hero does anyone know Whats the best angle to use my GoPRO on my surfboard, does anyone have any suggestions,

·
Registered
3 Posts
can anyone help me my gopro 2

can anyone help me my gopro 2 always hang or freezes i dont know why,
when i stop recording my gopro 2 freezes and hang
when im recording and it fall on the ground or bumped and when i sto recording it hang or freezes pls help me

my video

·
Registered
7 Posts
camera freezes

Every now and and then when I just turn the camera on it freezes either it's stuck on first option or sometimes it freezes after few seconds of recording? Could be same SD card issues or that is what I should expect from modern technology?
Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.