GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GoPro 8 which I bought in order to record my hill walking activities.
I have experimented with various stabilisation software programs as well as the in-camera stabilisation but have yet to find anything that gives a good result. The stabilisation programs for PC installation do not seem to eliminate "movement" to the point where it is scarcely noticeable and the "In-camera" program drains the battery quite ridiculously.

Firstly, then, can anyone recommend a decent gimbal that will not bankrupt me? I've been looking at the Hohem iStead and, by coming to this forum, have just had my attention drawn to the Inkee Falcon.

Secondly I've seen various mentions of apps for the gimbals. What is their purpose and would I necessarily need one? I control my camera through the Quik app on my smartphone.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,718 Posts
The Inkee Falcon is a great unit, and is well priced too.

I have one for sale at the moment (brand new unused) if you want to save a bit more on the price ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Inkee Falcon is a great unit, and is well priced too.

I have one for sale at the moment (brand new unused) if you want to save a bit more on the price ;)

Thanks for your reply. Where are you based? I note that the Hohem has an attachment which allows you to mount a smartphone adjacent to the camera so that you can use the smartphone app. Is there anything similar on the Inkee Falcon?
What price are you askin?
Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,428 Posts
@mypyrex You need to research for a better gimbal, the budget one you asked about the Inkee falcon that brought/lead you here. they Sell the Inkee falcon and falcon Plus as low as $89.00

The Hohem as low as $76.00

Hohem does not turn on the gopro correctly on, I have both gimbals and returned the Hohem for my personal reasons.
All you need is a selfie stick and have fun filming a gopro doesnot need a gimbal unless you aregoing in low light shots and wanting more FOV and less crop, will not save you on battery power turning off EIS or other settings. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts