GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
9,376 Posts
well then you got all four cams the way you want cool.

Not me. till I feel fit Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hero 3+ Black
(First posting)
Hi there. I have watched this carefully and tried two of the methods of updating the firmware on the camera and am at my wits end. I can't use the app update option as it doesn't see the camera. The version of firmware on this camera is 0.1.00 (so it's very out of date). I have downloaded the version available on the website (only for the firmware, not for the wifi, although I also tried that initially, then decided to try one at a time) and put the UPDATE folder onto the SD card using a card reader. The files are there. However when I put the card back into the camera, nothing happens. (Camera switched off, insert card, turn camera on, the camera just appears to be ready to start filming.)

I tried to use Studio but though the program is open, with the camera connected and turned on, no offer appears for me to install an update with that software. Using the Quik software it just sends me to the website to download the files as before.

Is there any way that this camera might have the firmware update, do you think? Do I need intermediate firmware updates to build to this latest one?

I really hope to get a reply, from this thread.

Many thanks

Ellie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts