GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought i made a rookie mistake by not charging up the GoPro when I was kayaking last week. I went to turn it on when I was on the river and nothing happened. Then, when I got back to the house, I tried charging and nothing happened. The red light never turned back on. Do you think that large battery could be dead? I am not sure where to buy them or how much they cost but if the camera is dead, so be it, but if it could be a battery issue (ie: does that not charge up when plugged into a wall?). Thanks for help. I wonder if this happened to anyone b4....

·
Administrator
8,434 Posts
i understand you may be new to gopro? Where did you exactly buy your camera, online?

Gopro's are not World wide store bought cameras, and best place to find or start your research will be at gopro.com where you can locate alll your accessories and options of gopro?

If your bat was partially charged, the camera will still start up, if the bat was exhausted, you would get those words on the screen bat exhausted, and automatically turn off. You will need to recharge with either a wall charger with a rating of 1.2A or higher or your laptop/puter? Allow a good 30 minutes, in order for any life of the cam to show a red led?

You can remove the bat, then long press 10 seconds the on/off and plug in.

you can opt for a separate charger.

iA camera can sit for months and still work, it should not die? so like said maybe a new bat is needed but if it is not the bat you'll need to get with your seller or gopro.com for futher assistance for a warranty replacement, if it is beyond a return to store or site?

good luck: Fish

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
out of all the GoPro's i've got, the only 2 i've got that don't work are both Hero 3's (3 silver & 3+ silver). I suspect its bricked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.