GoPro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(If there is a better forum for this discussion, don鈥檛 hesitate to tell me 馃槈)

I am just wondering how people use the GoPro Cloud subscription.

It seems like you cannot actually do editing work from it. So it must be solely for storage?

Do you create folders for each project and store the clips and finished projects there?

Are there any other ways to use the GoPro Cloud?

Administrator
I have the subscription, but do not use it for anything other then the discount you get from the accessories on the GoPro site! lol
I will most likely cancel it towards the end of the first year - only have it due to the Hero 9 deal.....

I always saw GoPro cloud as a 'temporary storage' area to backup your videos if you couldn't get to a computer.....

Registered
Great and Wait, I will explain you GoProCloud in a minute. GoProCloud is the ultimate solution for store and backup all your files in the cloud. It is Google Drive and Dropbox Killer. If you want to know more about GoProCloud, Must check GoProCloud review here..!

Registered
I use the cloud all the time. Unlimited compared to my dropbox. Though it's slow to backup to I plug it in and walk away and normally it takes care of business overnight with little to no interaction.

Best $50 per year compared to other online storage sites, discounts, extended warranties, accidental warranty as well. Show me where to find that for $50 elsewhere? Lol...

Registered
And GoPro * guarantees * data security?
No matter how cheap such cloud storage is - my data is stored in my own storage - I know how to handle it ...
I only use the subscription because of the discount and that has already paid off for me several times! Oh yes, lately also because of the possibility to create live streams.
mega.co.nz would be an alternative - for 50 鈧 per year 400GB or for 100 鈧 2TB ...
And the transfer is really fast - nevertheless, I only use this cloud storage to exchange large files (20 GB are free!).

Registered
Sounds like you use that like I use dropbox, for sharing.

Everything we do comes at a security cost, even the free davinci software we discussed in the other thread. Until people demand more, dump the free stuff, hold companies and regulators (politicians who are in bed with these companies) accountable this will continue.

Thanks for the information. Speed is king anymore. I keep everything backed up but always nice to have a spare, spare somewhere hopefully secure in the cloud.

This breach stuff should be something that the companies should have to take stuff seriously as only then will companies take security seriously. If you've got to pay a team of people to keep company servers secure or pay millions to consumers I think I'd know what choice I'd take and if you make the right choice, pay them appropriately then they'll come to work wanting to do their job everyday.

Just read a story on the net today about how in the U.S. ppl are walking away deon jobs in droves because they're not happy, crap benefits, crap pay, etc

Have a friend that has a cleaning company and before pandemic $15 hr was good for cleaning for his employees as they're all part time. Now he's paying $20 per hour looking for full and part time and ppl still don't Want to work.

I'm just wondering how all these ppl are getting by, day trading at home or??

Registered
Dropbox is only interesting from the paid version imho. As a free person, MEGA offers me more (more storage space and faster upload / download). As I said, I only use these cloud services for sharing (I often work on videos with a friend).
I prefer to manage my data myself - I know where it is, who is doing what with it, etc. But in principle you are right - a cloud would be made for this.
I'm honestly very skeptical about GoPro. So GoPro still has a problem when I want to log into the SupportHUB ... What if there are several days of logging in to the cloud for my account or they are not resolved at all? Reaching GoPro support - regardless of the matter - is almost impossible - and has been for years! If I want to make a live stream to the GoPro server, the chances are 50:50 that it will work. It worked 90% on Facebook.
The only thing that worked 100% so far was shopping in their shop - with a discount ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts