GoPro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I updated the gopro app to version 2.0. And up dated my gopro. Everything seems fine, I was able to put photos straight from my gopro to iphone. But it had a big explanation mark on the videos. I clicked into it and it said "pro level settings. your iphone does not support or copy this file, connect to computer or tv to view file"??? What the ****? Did they lie when they said you could play back videos? Or do I actually still have to put videos onto my laptop, reformat to iphone format, reconnect to my gopro, and put the file from my gopro to iphone? If so whats the point of that? It's just as easy to sync my iphone on iTunes and do it that way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok so I updated the gopro app to version 2.0. And up dated my gopro. Everything seems fine, I was able to put photos straight from my gopro to iphone. But it had a big explanation mark on the videos. I clicked into it and it said "pro level settings. your iphone does not support or copy this file, connect to computer or tv to view file"??? What the ****? Did they lie when they said you could play back videos? Or do I actually still have to put videos onto my laptop, reformat to iphone format, reconnect to my gopro, and put the file from my gopro to iphone? If so whats the point of that? It's just as easy to sync my iphone on iTunes and do it that way.
I got no problem playing video on my galaxy S3.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I've figured out the problem. Go pro must have done something like change the format of the videos. All my old videos won't work but anything I shoot after the update will work now

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm guessing here and could be completely wrong, but perhaps your iPhone plays the LRV (low resolution video) version of the files. And perhaps that isn't available on your older videos, but it is for your new ones??

Like I said, "guessing".

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the problem, it just do not play any video on my iphone, not even the ones shot after the update. What did you do to fix it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok I've figured out the problem. Go pro must have done something like change the format of the videos. All my old videos won't work but anything I shoot after the update will work now
I have this same problem, but could not solve it. what did you do? it cannot play any vid, not even the ones i shoot after the update! please help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
iphone won't play back protune or high frame rate videos it seems to me. The "!" only shows on those types of files for me...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there.

I had the same problem and after nosing it all over and by reading the posts above I could find it. For Iphone 5 the max resolution must be 1440 with 24FTP, above that it won't play, and the protune must be off as well!

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there.

I had the same problem and after nosing it all over and by reading the posts above I could find it. For Iphone 5 the max resolution must be 1440 with 24FTP, above that it won't play, and the protune must be off as well!

Enjoy it!
Thank you for this fix! I have been trawling for ages trying to figure it out - I'm a newbie and I was totally frustrated! - Thanks Again :)

·
Administrator
8,956 Posts
Or slo mo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts