GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to use my Android tablet or phone with my GOPRO 4 Silver using the GOPRO App, but how am I supposed to connect the camera to the Android device?
The only USB cables I can find have the GOPRO USB style connector on one end and a full size USB connector on the other. Where do I find one that connects the GOPRO to the mini USB on my Android devices?
The guys at Bestbuy claim the USB cable provided by GOPRO in the box is proprietary and others won't work even if I found one with the correct ends.

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
I'd like to use my Android tablet or phone with my GOPRO 4 Silver using the GOPRO App, but how am I supposed to connect the camera to the Android device?
The only USB cables I can find have the GOPRO USB style connector on one end and a full size USB connector on the other. Where do I find one that connects the GOPRO to the mini USB on my Android devices?
The guys at Bestbuy claim the USB cable provided by GOPRO in the box is proprietary and others won't work even if I found one with the correct ends.

Will be a wi-fi connection

Look for Ifti his channel on any of his topics here will direct to his video's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81pXTyQg39w

Or

Download gopro App. Follow the instructions by gopro on the wif-fi app.

Should walk you through the steps about 4 of them.

Fish

we were all new one time (smiles)

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
Calling @Dr.Z got an oldie for ya I am too young here to help Just kidding. maybe he can talk you through it

I personally tell you all you have to do is turn on gopro app it will clearly show you gifs how to connect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will be a wi-fi connection

Look for Ifti his channel on any of his topics here will direct to his video's.

Or

Download gopro App. Follow the instructions by gopro on the wif-fi app.

Should walk you through the steps about 4 of them.

Fish

we were all new one time (smiles)
So the question related to android so I was wondering what android tablet to use since there seems to be some issues about which one will run the app. Apple is not my first choice.

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
3.5 years later My suggestion, Open a new Topic, but I do not mind answering here:

I use a Apple phone, Air 2, and a Win Pc laptop, so for me to answer that is like apples to oranges. Gopro Likes Apple a hint more, all I am saying why things work better them others. I suggest to let the site know your exact Device then just a Android tablet? Like said I open a new topic, write down the exact model (exclude the seriel) the camera of choice, and what OS or build , if not the latest?

Fish

1 - 7 of 7 Posts