GoPro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
WHat happens when you turn off Hypersmooth? how the camera acts even the DJI does that as well . people complained as they are going along and a turn down the road ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.

just tried this yesterday, turned Hypersmooth off, get same effect.
switch lense mode to “Linear” , nothing as well

I will try Orientation lock “off” next

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
Hmmmm.....this was quite common with Sony action cameras back in the day, and their optical image stabilisation - made it seem like the camera was on a gimbal. I actually quite like the effect.
Orientation lock shouldnt have anything to do with it - it's most likely the a stabilisation setting

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, i do also think that it’s a stabilisation.. Will try to get deeper into settings.

I am getting ready for Auto Cross, so there will be a lot of movement, so i am afraid that all of the footage will give me motion sickness

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
This camera has a gyro, and has a. Processor, that is the way a gopro will act been that way since the Hero 7. The simplest test is put on the tap=blue and twist the camera . You’ll see it catch up.

Yeah my cyber shots never. Followed like that. Compared to the Hero 4, on a gimbal, man I remember the day. Iran hte crushing steps with bot the hero 4 and su=only cyber shot one on hte gimbal as well out to the night life. On Deck 14. Sony. Was way better then the hero 4 with the feiyu gimbal. Turn EIS Off. And see if it still wonders

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
It's definitely a GoPro??
Even with Hypersmooth enabled it does not pan like that. Due to the aggressive nature of Hypersmooth its more for forward moving shots, and the pans should be a little more jerky since the camera is trying to grab on to the frame to stabilize it......
The clip you refer to looks more mechanical gimbal-like then Hypersmooth.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello all,

Looks like i found an issue, that was a stabilization, Now i have turned it off completely, and video doesnt turn. I will try to adjust it step by step to see at what point it starts to move.

Thanks everyone for suggestions

Mobile phone Portable communications device Communication Device Mobile device Telephony

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
There you go, that said continue to find the solution but ther is no resolution to it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts