GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Looking for some assistance if possible. Could anyone tell me how the Gopro 8 can be set up via a mixer and using an external MIC?. I have purchased one today and it wasnt until i read in depth reviews the comments were that i needed a media mod? is this correct as this was never explained at the time of purchasing. I want to use the camera for video and the external mic for speech whilst i record online fitness classes.

Many thanks,

Robert.

·
Registered
483 Posts
either media mod or audio adapter from gopro. dont waste time and money on different brands of adapters, gopro made sure you have to use their accessories.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
to add to the above rephraine from using quickcapture and also has to be a gopro official accessory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment with this device. PC isn't recognising the device (surface pro 7) and cant install the windows webcam app either. So far i am just not impressed with the functionality of Gopro and trying to get tech support is a joke.

Could you suggest the best way to set this up as a web cam? I don't have the Media Mod or adapter, are they required or is it as simple as plugging in the USB cable that came with the camera to the PC? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some of the reviews are telling you also that certain USB 3 cables won't work with it?

All i want is for this camera to link with my PC to allow me to record sessions..........not a hard ask for £350!!

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
let me know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Having a bit of a nightmare at the moment with this device. PC isn't recognising the device (surface pro 7) and cant install the windows webcam app either. So far i am just not impressed with the functionality of Gopro and trying to get tech support is a joke.

Could you suggest the best way to set this up as a web cam? I don't have the Media Mod or adapter, are they required or is it as simple as plugging in the USB cable that came with the camera to the PC? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Some of the reviews are telling you also that certain USB 3 cables won't work with it?

All i want is for this camera to link with my PC to allow me to record sessions..........not a hard ask for £350!!
let me know
Thanks for the response. Thankfully i have managed to get it working. However, the only issue i have now is connecting my external Sennheiser mic to it via my mixer. I have chosen line in and cant get it to work.

·
Administrator
9,554 Posts
if the camera Audio imput shows correctly you are good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts