GoPro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased two Sandisk Extreme Pro cards. When installed the camera indicates SD ERROR. I attempted to format with the camera but it ran endlessly and would not complete. I formatted with the computer which worked but the camera will not read it and continues to display the SD ERROR message. According to what I've read this card should be compatible with the camera. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You did a quick format, or a. Unchecked full format?
Thanks for the reply. I tried it both ways. I read that sometimes Windows 10 had problems formatting large capacity SD Cards so I used a recommended utility called Disc Genius which yielded the same results/error. (I'm using 128 mb SD Cards) The discs work fine in my other devices

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up calling GoPro support. They were great and walked me through everything but in the end I'm having to send the camera back for replacement. They said that the memory cards are on their list of recommended and we tried numerous of formatting them without success. We even updated the firmware and also did a factory resent, all without success. Thanks again for your assistance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts