GoPro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask if anybody has done any underwater videos using the gopro 8 in a swimming pool?
I used to own a yi4k action camera (2016) and with a small led underwater i used to get crystal clear video footage in the swimming pool.
Now that i have upgraded to a gopro hero 8 black and also bought 2 brighter led underwater lights I always get desaturated/underexposed video footage. I am using the same swimming pool. I've read that the hero8 is not very good in low light / underwater situations but comparing the footage from the yi4k action camera is by far a better footage than the gopro 8.

It's a bit frustrating having a much newer camera and ending up with much lower quality video footage.

P.s. I was shooting with both cameras in both 4k 30fps and also 2.7k video

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
I own the Yi4k and Y4K+ Love the cameras. have yet to dunk my hero 8 in the soup. I did the Hero 7

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand if I am doing something wrong with the settings of the GoPro 8? But the footage I am getting is nowhere near the yi4k quality , colours are desaturated , footage feels washed out and underexposed. I don't know if it's an issue with the gopro8 for underwater ? The depth was around 170cm

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
try afilter a Red filter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts