GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me how long it takes for a GoPro representative to return call a message left via the GoPro website. While it stated they would return a call in 5-minutes, it’s now been two weeks!! I have tried to relodge a request for assistance, but it says ‘I already have a request in the system, someone will call me shortly’.

The camera started its problems in February 2020, a month after I bought it and I thought it was just finger trouble.

The camera is brand new but unusable as it will not startup correctly. You get the 3-beeps during start, then the screens go black for about 5-seconds, then this repeats continuously until I remove the battery. On the very odd occasion I manage to get into ‘preferences’ to reconnect wifi to my phone. About a minute later, the process starts again.

I have done the reset, fully charged batteries, believe I have the latest upgrade, changed batteries, changed sim cards, and are lost for assistance and an answer.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts
Have you tried starting with no memory card inserted??
Just to rule out a card issue.....

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
callback in 5 min was what the page said, have you tried the chat.

If you fill this all out for me and Messege it to me. I will at my end get wit hthe Chat and have them contact you. when they Open at my hours today. if this is important to you , today. can not promise what tomorrow brings.

In order for this to happen a Bill of sale is required Yes or no. a photo of the series number Yes or no. a video of the issue at youtube is a Must, these are required with gopro so best get this done.

I can still contact and have them get with you. if IF they allow I did this here for a member he was STOKED

More or less you got a reboot issue when the bat is removed this happens right away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fish and Ifti
Thank you for your prompt replies.
I removed the Sim as per Ifti’s suggestion, it unfortunately did not work.

Fish your idea of a ‘reboot issue’ got me thinking. I removed the battery and SIM card, plugged in the USB and it allowed me to shutdown. I removed the USB and replaced the battery and did a restart, which gave me access to ‘preferences’.

I did a FACTORY RESET from there, which worked. I’ve now shutdown the GoPro and placed it back on charge. All appears be functioning OK. Your hunch of ‘a reboot issue’ appears to be the correct.

Should this persist, I’ll return to this thread and reengage with your suggestions. Really appreciate your guidance, thank you.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
If you get a chance try reloading firmware, manually do it. that can help clear a issue, glad its up and running for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts