Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
info version":"2.0",
firmware version":"HD6.01.02.10.00",
camera type":"HERO6 Black",
It may be a bit harsh for my first post but I am now at the end of my tether
I have the gopro 6 powered to my motorcycle with usb original cable
when I stop off anywere and disconnect it from the bikle it will not turn off, it is just stuck and I have to remove the battery to turn it off
sometimes I may forget and I return to the bike to find the gopro with a flat battery
this has gone on for over two years now

I have searched the forums and updated the software and firmware with no luck
today it happened again so I literally launched it as I was fed up to the hilt with it
Now I have a gopro with a crackled lens and will not replace it as it will go in the bin if I can not find a solution to the sicking problem

Sorry for the rant on my first post but this thing is getting my goat

·
Administrator
9,006 Posts
Long press over 12 seconds the camera will force off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your prompt reply
But this does not solve the fault, that it is freezing, somewere in the software or hardware there is a glitch
it seems to me that Gopro are ignoring this fault, and looking at the posts about it on a google search would confirm this
it is very unlikely that Gopro will release a firmware update on the Gopro6 as they now have newer models on the market

OK I will purchase a new lens cover as it is only £20 or so but once this gopro has bitten the dust I will not be replacing it with there newer models
there are plenty of alternatives on the market, maybe not as good a picture quality but reliablity is the main factor here when it is used as a dashcam on a motorcycle
what use is it in the event of an accident if no footage was recorded due drained battery because it never shut down properly

I will try your suggestion over the next few rides and monitor it, I presume you mean the side power button and not the top one

·
Administrator
9,006 Posts
Bugs and issues. what gopro is about, they will make a new model and abandon the older.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts