GoPro Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an apeman a80 but the video quality leaves much to be desired I'm wondering if the silver 4blk is any sort of upgrade. The apeman has some video stabilization but no touch screen and subpar footage on even 1080p

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an apeman a80 but the video quality leaves much to be desired I'm wondering if the silver 4blk is any sort of upgrade. The apeman has some video stabilization but no touch screen and subpar footage on even 1080p

Video stabilization doesn't start on the GoPro cameras until at least the GoPro Hero 5 officially with the best in camera stabilization being on the Hero 8.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Great advice but let me step that up one:

Hero 2018 if found is a hero 5 black with hacked firmware, opens it up to a hero 5 black.
Hero 6 and Hero 5 are not a hero 7 or hero 8 they both got Hypersmooth, the others do not and you really want the hypersmooth 2.0 with Linear and that my friend is Get the Hero 8.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I had the money for a 7 8 9 10 or 37 I would probably go with that. But I don't make much.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
@thewyldzone If you offered a price then I can offer advice . and tell you which you can check into.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Hero 4 black 70.00 I hear ya no EIS I belive it all starts at Hero 2018/5

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it better than my Apeman A80?

Also how easy to use is the Gopro editing software

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
I can not speak for the Apeman A80. Research youtube about it Also get with Apeman support before you buy, with gopro hero 4 may not be warrantied at all its at least 5 years old. Outdated. If gopro sold it new then its warrantied. Check with Yi technology yi lite, yi4k, just throwing some ideas out there as I own a yi awesome camera.

GoPro editor good luck they discontinued it, look into Blackmagic.com devinchi resolve 16 for free. I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 18 ultimate and magix 2020 premium paid software . not an annual or monthly for me..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you.

I managed to find a deal on a used Hero 5

So hopefully it will be a nice camera for me.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
good luck its a awesome camera jsut doe not have todays Hypersmooth which blows the standard EIS out the door.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem I have with Gopro is the price. They cornered the market on action cameras but 300+ for a camera is a big ask and the competition is minimal.

For those prices I could buy a new 308 bolt action or a used handgun. So it's difficult for me to balance that.

But the Apeman A80 (which I decided to return) just wasn't getting the level of quality I was looking for. Even the Gopro 3+ had better quality video. So I'm looking forward to it.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
GoPro hero 5 black $102.49 you have to look for the deals that you trust.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Awesome I am sure you will love it no matter what anyone says , return and share all we ask.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My main use for the camera is to study and document local fish species but that involves a feeding station so it's unintentionally relaxing watching all the different species eat.

I'd be more than happy to upload a few and link them here once I start my Everglades sawgrass study.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome I am sure you will love it no matter what anyone says , return and share all we ask.
Alright. Took me a bit. Only a fraction of my raw footage but I felt this was passable enough to share.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
I remember getting some Cichlads and came home to 100 plus fry, Freshwater this was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We get so many Cichlids in all the fresh water here, just ate one the other day. 2 pound Mayan. They eat everything, very invasive but really neat in aquariums.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts