GoPro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

I previously had GoPro 10 with Telesin stick + remote. That worked without any issues ( with remote I can turn on/off camera, change modes, record, all good). With GP11 no way. I can pair it and it works, but after turning off camera I need to pair it again each time I turn on 11. No way it will keep the connection.

Is anyone using some other remote and can confirm that it works?:) Maybe some bug in 11 FW?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's possible, but I think all previously released remotes and Volta are compatible also with 11, so .. just checking if anyone else with some other remote also have some issues:)

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
You will need to wait for the third party companies to update their accessory firmware and catch up. These companies do not get early units to ensure their accessories are compatible, so can only start work on compatibility after public release. There is no guarantee that it will even work with the newest Hero 11 since it's completely dependent upon how GoPro have tweaked their cameras, ie whether the pairing process differs etc, which would throw out other accessories.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
First of all, I don't think Telesin will give me the opportunity to update my remote control myself. I think the fault lies on both sides here, since Telesin advertises the remote control as working with the GoPro 11. When I think about GoPro's battery policy, keyword Gopro 5, I don't think it was made any easier on the part of GoPro. The question is probably more, why does GoPro change everything from the 10 to the 11 and other things remain identical? I just came back from the GoPro 8 to the GoPro 11 to GoPro, in the meantime I had switched to Insta because I was hoping that these little games at GoPro would finally come to an end?! But that's probably not the case.....And what does early unit mean here? The camera has been on sale since September and a new one will be coming out next year in September. I don't think that Telesin should be blamed for this. I was through now forced me to buy the original remote control as well, that's really the point, at least it doesn't work until the GoPro 12 comes out. Greetings from Germany....

·
Administrator
3,220 Posts
Thats the risk you run with 3rd party accessories I'm afraid. They do not know what GoPro will update so can't really guarantee compatibility until the new camera is released. I don't see any fault on GoPro's part here - naturally they want people to buy their accessories and not 3rd party - thats business, and any other company would want the same. They are not going to keep things the same so 3rd party accessories can continue to coexist as it takes away from their market share. If I were GoPro I'd want to do the same. It's down to Telesin to update and ensure compatibility in this case, not GoPro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts