GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New GoPro owner here, Hero 4 Silver, looking to play around with a quadcopter to aerial footage.

What's a good quadcopter that I can start with that is less than 100?

I'm interested in something that:
  • is a good introduction to flying quads
  • is able to hold the weight of the gopro
  • has enough surface area to adequately strap gopro
I would appreciate anyone's experience regarding this.

Also, if the quad crashes or camera falls, have you guys had any experience with how the gopro survived it?

Thank you all,
Jose

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was in exactly the same position a few weeks ago. I ended up getting a Syma X5C-1 quad to learn to fly without the expense of a larger quad especially as during the learning stage crashes are bound to happen.
I know this quad will not carry your gopro, though it does have a camera on board that takes videos of a fairly decent standard. I am just getting to grips with flying this quad & am really enjoying the learning curve. Once funds allow, & I feel that I am competent enough I will look into getting something along the lines of a DJI Phantom.

This quad is well below your budget & you could do a lot worse for something to learn & have fun with.

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
69.00 is the Nano, the FPV version 150 has Safe Technology both crafts. googles, or ground station and receiver required. .

·
Administrator
9,356 Posts
the quad dropped to 59.00 for a limited time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The cheapest quad for lifting GoPro, that i found, it's Cheerson cx-20! It costs around $220, but it has very good characteristics for flying(easy to use)!
Also you can use gimbal with it and film quality video))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts