GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just perchased my new go pro 2, ive just done some videos to test it out, in the house, when im playing the vids on my computer, it seems to be jumping every 2 seconds or so, have i got the setting wrong or is there a way of stopping this, im hoping someone will b able to help me out so when i do get some real footage of me on my bike, the film flows, as it should,

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the club. I've had the same problem before and trust me it's not the camera at all. I recorded a video review not too long ago and when I plugged the GoPro up to my PC for playback I got jumpy video that skipped about every two seconds like you described. So what I did was exported the video using quicktime pro. Any other media editing program will have this option. Once I exported the video to another format (.mov or compressed .m4v) The video played perfectly. The video files that the GoPro HD Hero 2 shoots can be MASSIVE. The skipping is your computer telling you that it's having a hard time playing such a huge file. So shrink that bad boy down and your playback will be just fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really appreciate that info

really appreciate that info mate, thanks !! but im struggling to shrink the file, ive just perchased quicktime pro mate, what do i do now, HELP !! lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that info mate,

thanks for that info mate, much appreciated, ive now perchased quicktime pro, what do i do now to make file smaller so my computer can handle all this info im giving it , lol, any more help will be much appreciated, cheers ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok. so now that you have

Ok. so now that you have Quicktime Pro, plug in your GoPro and open your movie file with quicktime. Once it's open you can give it a test play to make sure it's the right video. It might be skipping at this point. Now you want to go to FILE and scroll down to EXPORT.

Once you hit export you'll see the next menu. You can change you FILE NAME and direct it to where you want it to be saved. Where it says EXPORT you can choose how you'd live you file to be converted. I've had the most success choosing MOV or M4V to QUICKTIME MOVIE. Don't export just yet though. Choose the OPTIONS button and take a look at the compression settings. Try to match these specifications and preserve the aspect ratio:
Compression type: H.264
Frame rate: Current
Key Frames: Every 30 frames
Frame Reordering: checked
Data Rate: Automatic
Compressor Quality: Best (with Encoding set to “Best quality (Multi-pass)”)
Audio Format: AAC
Sample Rate: 44.100
Target Bit Rate: 96 Kbps

After that, go ahead and save. The file should export and create a quicktime movie (.mov) which should play back perfectly. Let me know how it turns out!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mate, thats awsome, many

mate, thats awsome, many thanks, its worked perfectly, i would never of been able to do that without your help, ;) ;) ;)
so now when i do another vid , and want to export, will it automaticly go in to them settings ive just changed,
mate thanks again for all your help, im itching to get out on my ktm now and get some vids done, bring on the good weather !!! :| 8)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when i do another video, will

when i do another video, will them settings ive changed to yours , be saved, cheers john !! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
also new with some ?s

This is really good info: http://goproforums.com/content/disappointing-hero-2
I'm also a new GoProer,
My PC runs the (I guess is call Raw files) videos just fine, from any location, GoPro, folder in PC, card, the question is, Do I need to compress the files when EXPORTING it, like Skateboardbry explained? where I'm having trouble is when I edit the video I don't get the same quality, I use Corel Video Studio Pro X4 and it has a lot of choices for making the video, when choosing 1080p looks good but the file is over 1gig, I need smaller files for my small devices, blackberry, Ipod, etc so I put it out on a smaller resolution and looks crappy. What is the best way of doing this?
I set my GoPro H2 at 1080p 30 FPS.
This video
was recorded at 720p 60FPS, he said this way he can slow it down real smooth, on my videos the snow looks choppy, any suggestions, ideas are welcome.

·
Registered
29 Posts
no bother transcoding

the way to transcode gopro video to mov would be waste of time and the result:worse video quality. the best method is to use gopro video editor for natively editing or remaking (mix, cut, split, join), replace audio, etc. of course, if you insist to convert to mov, the software does the work as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.