GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again, I have my GoPro waterproof housing cracked on the base. Yet GoPro refused to repair the item and they said they only repair products due to design flaw even it is under life time warranty.

GoPro can life-time warrant my arse. I don't know how in the world a company be so evil to make a support process like a lawsuit.

GoPieceofShet. One day the company will get a real lawsuit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Contact me if somebody needs a fresh-bought GoPro 9. I cannot believe I've bought a 2nd one. I'm done with this crap.

·
Administrator
2,802 Posts
Unfortunately GoPro Support has really taken a nose dive ever since they floated on the stock exchange and have investors to now pay. They are like most companies now - driven by pure profit.
Before this they were great. Support was excellent. They even gave away one of everything they sell in a monthly competition too. They cared about their customers and went the extra mile.
Not any more.

I dont blame you for feeling as you do - GoPro accessories aren't cheap and you would expect them to last, even if handled roughly and put through a fair level of abuse, considering it is a ruggedized action camera after all! I always try to go for cheaper third party accessories - they are often just as good at a fraction of the cost!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

And look at this housing. Piece of junk.

If you tighten it with screw only, the screw will loose overtime.
Then if you use Loctite 243, the junk cracks under vibration!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

And the warranty is a piece of paper. That "may be repaired" is really something for a product breaks in less than two weeks.

·
Administrator
9,059 Posts
the legs of the housing are plastic, placing on the Thumbolt alone will simply force the legs to bend in and break, due to the pressure & force applying, Using locktite near plastic while still evaporating its gases will make plastic brittle, when you applied only to the metal. its best to allow locktite to dry away from plastic.

For the product, you have a problem, you are best to return for a replacement. It is how you tell them that is why the replacement is not being granted.
more or less they will take it back, determine whether to replace or repair, for a fee. if they find you neglected it, sure they will charge you full price.

GoPro changed how things work, years ago. their support is not with them they are a 3rd party, a lot cheaper to hire outside workers, today. so when you request to get things done, good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everybody knows GoPro becomes a rubbish company. It's just I don't expect it is this level rubbish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts