GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a hero 4 and trying tog make a video, a question What am i missing here. New to using studio.

In the begining i have importen the clip tog my computer and klick to get in the left collumn.

But when i chose the file and open it i cant get it in,even tryck to drag it But cant get it to work to get it in for editing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tryed alot even looked on forums and on tip on gopro website but i cant solve the problem.
See that it recomended i7 but i have i5 is it the cause that i dont get it to work?

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
GPS

Import that is step one Import files. Located center lower right in blue, add clip to conversion list. and then to the lower right convert all.

you will see a red bar now load on the clipsin the right column. proceed to step two anytime you like, you can wait or go in advance to work on the editor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited by Moderator)
Yes i understand the steps , but when i try to get my clip in step 1

I chose import file and a New Windows open and i chose the clip and open, and all it does is it says loading for a second.
The clip dont get to the left collumn in stepp 1.
Even try to drag it in left collumn
Looked om instruktion videos but dont sen What i am doing wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't know what could be the problem. I have mine set to when stuff gets imported it automatically open up in GoPro Studio. On my Mac, if you click on GPS at the top of the screen, it will allow you to click on GPS import preferences. There you have GPS automatically open up with your import.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i have watching that, it works fine to get the clip to a folder on my pc and i can play them with Quick time, w movi player so thwre should not be any wrong with the clips.
When i have opend the gps and chosen step 1 then i klick the blue bar import files and a new windows open where i have the clips, and then i mark the clip i want to import and chose open then for a second it flips up a bar importing but nothing gets in the import bin, seen on video that some draw the clips to the bin but that dont work eiter.
So thats my issue i cant even get it in studio for editing.
Now i start to think its my pc that dont have right preferences, i have intel i5 and see thar gopro recomend i7 or some settings that i overlooked ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know what could be the problem. I have mine set to when stuff gets imported it automatically open up in GoPro Studio. On my Mac, if you click on GPS at the top of the screen, it will allow you to click on GPS import preferences. There you have GPS automatically open up with your import.
The box for open up gps when importing is marked but it never opens up when import, the clips goes to a folder on pc from where i try to import to import bin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now i start to think its my pc that dont have right preferences, i have intel i5 and see thar gopro recomend i7 or some settings that i overlooked ?
That could be it. I know when I didn't have OS 10.8 and later like GPS recommends, it was crashing all the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now i have solved the problem, when i cinfig my pc i made a username with "ä" in it
So the studio cant handle it, thougt it only was the filename that that not could have it
But it even matters if there is in search way to the clip.
It is a pitfall for users of pc that use åäö in laguage such swedish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts