GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

as I can find all nice tutorials to livestream using the browser and for example VLC player directly to a PC or Mac, I can't find anything how to do this for the Go Pro Hero8.

Tricks I can find for the older types going to for example. 10.5.5.9:8080/live does nog work (I get an Error 404 not found).

Can anyone give me advise?

Best
Silvia

·
Registered
378 Posts
i believe this no longer works, and even when it worked in older gopros the resolution was very low.
your best option is to get a video capture card and connect gopro via hdmi cable and use OBS app to capture the output

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe this no longer works, and even when it worked in older gopros the resolution was very low.
your best option is to get a video capture card and connect gopro via hdmi cable and use OBS app to capture the output
Thank you for your answer. Problem is... we want to the camera wireless during practical lessens at a secondary school. For example when in the lab someone does something strange, that we can project it the screen and everybody can see it directly... wired is not an option because of the distance. So I might need to go to an older version of GoPro?

·
Registered
378 Posts
no, older version will not help you, you will get only very low res video out using wifi. and you say you want to view it only in certain situations when something happens, so your best bet is ordinary camera made for cars that can record in loop, so you dont have to manually clear memory card every few hours and you can then plug it into player and play the event. car cameras are much cheaper and more suited for your use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

as I can find all nice tutorials to livestream using the browser and for example VLC player directly to a PC or Mac, I can't find anything how to do this for the Go Pro Hero8.

Tricks I can find for the older types going to for example. 10.5.5.9:8080/live does nog work (I get an Error 404 not found).

Can anyone give me advise?

Best
Silvia
The best way I have found to livestream to your pc and use the stream as a webcam is to use MonaServer. It makes a local RTMP server that you can stream from your GoPro 8's livestream option. Once the connection is made you can add it as a media source in OBS or streamlabs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts