GoPro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I bought my Hero 9 primarily to record training with my dog, bit new to all the camera/video stuff. I bought the dog harness however as most of my footage is upload to social media I need a way of being able to film in portrait mode so it looks better on an iphone.
Any recommendations on how to do this? Should I buy an attachment to physically move the gopro to film portrait or is their a setting I can use.
Many Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
you can either just crop the video to fit 9:16 ratio in post or get yourself the lens mod, which allows you to lock the orientation of the video in portrait mode, while having the camera physicaly in horizontal position.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
in order to film portrait mode, you have to turn the camera sideways. If Boznoz says you need the Max lens Module for 99.99, I go for a right-angle attachment. for example

·
Registered
517 Posts
Reactions: Fish

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
@Fish if you want to go the mega cheap way, you can go even lower and get just a simple 90degree gopro adapter for 2 dollars, like this one

US $2.4 |90 Degree Direction Adapter Elbow Mount with Thumb Screw for GoPro Hero 7/6/5/4/3/3+/2/1 and SJCAM SJ4000 5000 Black|mount sjcam|mount sj4000for gopro hero - AliExpress

But i think the camera will shake much more if mounted in portrait mode, as the center of gravity will be higher.
I was going to mention that but did not for the reason its on a dog harness and you got to match the tripod mount to the camera correctly.

·
Administrator
2,875 Posts
I would us etch Max Lens Mod - start filming in Portrait then mount the camera as normal in landscape and it will continue to film in Portrait.

I show it at the 4:00 mark here:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
in order to film portrait mode, you have to turn the camera sideways. If Boznoz says you need the Max lens Module for 99.99, I go for a right-angle attachment. for example

Ahh ok so this physically turns the camera to the side whilst still being able to attach to the harness?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts