GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I download my videos onto my laptop and play them they are glitchy/choppy at certain parts. Am I doing something wrong??

I have tried playing the video through windows media player, the laptops default video player and through GoPro Player. The GoPro Player freezes up and I have to end task. The Windows media player and default video player are both choppy.

Can someone please shed some light on this issue for me?

GoPro: Hero 7 Black
SD Card: SanDisk Extreme 32GB A1

I am using a HP Omen Laptop:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics, 2900 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.4 GB
Available Physical Memory 10.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.9 GB

Name AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x1636), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
Adapter Description AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
Adapter RAM 512.00 MB (536,870,912 bytes)
Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 144 hertz

Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Adapter Type GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Adapter RAM (1,048,576) bytes

·
Administrator
2,776 Posts
Does the video play smooth when you view it back on the GoPro itself?? If not, then it is more likely a memory card issue....
If yes then its a computer issue - are you playing from the memory card itself or copying to the computer locally first? Try the latter.
Also try VLC Media Player - its free and pretty much plays everything I throw at it!

Are your graphics drivers up to date??
Also see this thread : For AMD Radeon Users - Choppy playback issue | GoPro Forums

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
Please load a file to the actual hard drive of the machine and then play. the read speed is the issue of the card in the cameras mass storage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the video play smooth when you view it back on the GoPro itself?? If not, then it is more likely a memory card issue....
If yes then its a computer issue - are you playing from the memory card itself or copying to the computer locally first? Try the latter.
Also try VLC Media Player - its free and pretty much plays everything I throw at it!

Are your graphics drivers up to date??
Also see this thread : For AMD Radeon Users - Choppy playback issue | GoPro Forums
I’ll have to double check the playback from the GoPro to see. I’m at work now so I can’t at the moment. The video driver is up to date, I figured the specs on this computer I got would be enough to handle GoPro videos..

when I play the video through Windows Media Player it seems a little better than when I play it through the default video player thay is built into the laptop. But it is still choppy, it is only slightly better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please load a file to the actual hard drive of the machine and then play. the read speed is the issue of the card in the cameras mass storage.
I opened the SD card on my laptop and copied the videos from there and pasted it into a new folder on my desktop. is this not the same thing as downloading it to my actual hard drive?

what is your processes?

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
I put the files on the computer's hard drive. nd try when at the computer.

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
I just put my clip from the camera to the laptop, t o the editor no issues.

·
Administrator
8,936 Posts
Never know with todays laptops

1 - 9 of 9 Posts