GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't seem to get "Live" to work with my iPhone 12 Pro Max no matter what I do

I select 'Connect to phone hotspot' in the Select Wifi network section
I then get an error to make sure Wifi and bluetooth are on.

EDIT 1: This only happens IF you use the Facebook option - it seems like the account is not pulling down properly - If you use Youtube or Twitch option your username & profile photo pull through, facebook does not

I don't expect to be able to view media or preview it, but I want it to work! it's a £350 camera FFS! get this working. Am I expected to get another hotspot and pay separately for a data plan when there's an option in the quik app to use my phones own internet!!!

Yes, I am on v1.6 camera software

·
Administrator
9,314 Posts
go into your actual FB/settings/web and app see if anything of gopro is there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Fish - had a chat with GoPro Support today - lovely lass in the Philippines, said quite a few people are having this same issue, provided a video recording of what happens when I try to link and stream to facebook, demo'd Twitch and YouTube working fine :)

Both of those options pull my account metadata through fine after logging in, so streaming works fine on personal hotspot, just Facebook that doesn't for now.
They gave me the option to try an RTMP stream from Facebook's go live, but that doesn't work either as there is no option to enter a stream key, so it fails after a couple seconds of going live

it also doesn't save the RTMP stream link, so you have to enter it each time

Hope this gets fixed, and thank you for trying to help out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts