GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum and am interested in the Fusion, however, I would like to try the S/W on my Windows desktop to see if post processing the 360 raw data is feasible.

Is there anyone who could point me to or share a few minutes of the raw video (possibly via dropbox?) that I could use a test source for the post processing?

I would hate to buy the hardware only to find the editing impossible on my equipment.

Thanx

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

I was able to download the .mp4 files, but when I tried to install the Studio app, it indicated Windows 10 was required, thus no test was possible.

·
Administrator
9,730 Posts
Yi 360, Insta 360 samsung gear 360 may be something to look into you d onot want to invest in thousands to get started (wink)

·
Administrator
9,730 Posts
they are on my googledrive, to be off line use if you are looking for a test you can PM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes. Fusion Studio needs Windows 10 to work properly, but it also CAN work with other Windows systems. I have Windows 7 on my computer and Fusion Studio V1.1 works! So maybe just try to install it anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah and only the .mp4 files wont work. You will need everything that the camera puts in its 2 folders on the 2 micro sd cards. That are besides the .mp4 files the .lrv files and a .wav file. Fusion Studio refuses to work if not all files are there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sure, what do you want? I can send video and or stills. I have a Box account so no problem sharing some files.

I will tell you that I've examined Theta files and compared them to the Fusion and it's night and day. Fusion blows the Theta away. I also stitch with PTGui as well as with the GoPro software. PTGui gives great stitching too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did attempt to install the S/W but after downloading and executing the "installer", the message came up that there is no guarantee of success prior to W 10.......I attempted the install anyway and the installer started and became unresponsive and had to be forcibly terminated.

GoPro is disappointing, especially since I am a stockholder and took a huge loss........first they hugely hype and then fail on a drone and then they come out with some new and interesting 360 stuff and block 1/2 the world from implementing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I may have been successful loading the S/W (try, try again), but your post indicates I need all the files associated with a clip in order for the S/W to work.

Does anyone have a sample clip with all the files that are downloadable so that I might try an edit to see if it works on my system?

Thanx for any help!

·
Administrator
9,730 Posts
that is life, invest wisely. and enjoy your product while it still lasts.

FISH

·
Registered
19 Posts
I may have been successful loading the S/W (try, try again), but your post indicates I need all the files associated with a clip in order for the S/W to work.

Does anyone have a sample clip with all the files that are downloadable so that I might try an edit to see if it works on my system?

Thanx for any help!
I'm uploading a set of files for you. I also have two images in the set that were corrected in Photoshop from the raw files. They look much better than the default JPGs. Play with those too. I'm going to PM you the link in a few minutes.

One comment on your OS. I don't mean for this to be a criticism so take it in a friendly manner. Technology changes very quickly and Microsoft and Apple struggle to keep us up to date with the latest and greatest. That means that as time moves on, some things just can't be supported anymore. It's just too expensive to continue to keep old tech compatible with new tech. Windows 10 has been out since July, 2015. You are shooting yourself in the foot for not upgrading. Don't blame GoPro are any other software for not functioning properly on Windows 7 or prior. It's not their fault really.

If you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on hardware and you expect to do professional work, you can't expect to do that if you don't also upgrade your software. I know it's expensive but it's just what we all have to do these days. I think if you can find a way to upgrade to Windows 10 you will be thrilled on so many levels. It's a great OS and so much more advanced than its predecessors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm uploading a set of files for you. I also have two images in the set that were corrected in Photoshop from the raw files. They look much better than the default JPGs. Play with those too. I'm going to PM you the link in a few minutes.

One comment on your OS. I don't mean for this to be a criticism so take it in a friendly manner. Technology changes very quickly and Microsoft and Apple struggle to keep us up to date with the latest and greatest. That means that as time moves on, some things just can't be supported anymore. It's just too expensive to continue to keep old tech compatible with new tech. Windows 10 has been out since July, 2015. You are shooting yourself in the foot for not upgrading. Don't blame GoPro are any other software for not functioning properly on Windows 7 or prior. It's not their fault really.

If you are going to spend hundreds of dollars on hardware and you expect to do professional work, you can't expect to do that if you don't also upgrade your software. I know it's expensive but it's just what we all have to do these days. I think if you can find a way to upgrade to Windows 10 you will be thrilled on so many levels. It's a great OS and so much more advanced than its predecessors.
No offense taken! Thank you for helping with the files for test....... regarding W 10, I actually tried an update when it first came out and it was so buggy, I reversed the install.........spending $700 on hardware only to find the S/W doesn't work or do what I had hoped is the reason to try to try before buy.....if this works out I will upgrade to 10 and try it again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you

@rgstone

Sounds like a good plan. If you need a video to test I can get you one. They get kind of huge so I just gave you stills for now.
Thanx for the stills.....I did get a couple of flat overcapture shots from the 360s, but all of the tutorials I have viewed show any video being exported to another postprocessor.

I am interested in seeing if I can create a single flat video in 16x9 .mp4, by selecting various aspects of the 360 video within the Studio.

Getting a small sample of a 360 video would be helpful.

Thanx

·
Registered
19 Posts
@rgstone

Ok, I'll have to shoot something for you I think. I'm not sure I have anything that I can let out without permission from the other people in it. Let me see what I have and I might have to shoot something for you tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Attempt Failed

I have something for you. I'll PM you with a link once I upload it to Box.
Thank you for taking the time to send the files, but unfortunately when the S/W tried to access the folder, it aborted immediately and closed out. It presented an error box with a dump file and ask that I send it, which I did.
There were 5 files in the "zip" package 2 files from the front camera (1 each .lrv and .mp4) and 2 from the back, along with 1 .wav file.

I had read that there are issues if all the files created on the 2 uSD cards are not submitted, but I do know if there are actually other files associated with this 360 vid you sent?

I even downloaded the zip file again and did the extract, with the same results? Any ideas? Maybe this is a result of trying to run on Windows 7?

BTW: Your boat looks great.......where are you located? I am in the USA in South Carolina.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts