GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
There is a certain style of flying that when I watch the video I find that I am leaning my head and dodging objects as they fly past the screen. This is my attempt at recreating one of those video's in my own style of flying.

The final crash at the end broke two props and 1 motor shaft. The wind at some points was very strong which made being behind a wall of trees and over a very deep gorge that little bit more exciting.

Best viewed full screen @720p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are you flying by sight? or live video?
Great job by the way, would love to have a quad chopper, used to do a lot of flying model airplanes and few choppers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would not have cojones to fly between the branches like that. But it does look cool. Can you angle the camera so you can avoid the spinning propellers? Or did you set it up to get the props?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all, this was such a great afternoon and a fun flight.

You do like threading the needle, don't you !!!

Nicely done. What frame rate did you use?
The closer the better mate ;) its such a rush

Nice video and nice flying, bummer about the tree getting in your way at the end.:)
Thanks a lot ;) it was one of those flights where it was going to happen sooner or later as the wind was adding that 'unknown' factor to already close situation

Are you flying by sight? or live video?
Great job by the way, would love to have a quad chopper, used to do a lot of flying model airplanes and few choppers.
I am flying purely by FPV (First Person View), as well as a GoPro Hero 3 Black I have a Sony CCD camera which transmits on 5.8Ghz and is picked up by a pair of video goggles which I wear while flying so I have a First Person Perspective from the Quad. Its amazing!

I would not have cojones to fly between the branches like that. But it does look cool. Can you angle the camera so you can avoid the spinning propellers? Or did you set it up to get the props?
I had the camera angled down more before but as I was doing a speed video where the Quad spends most of its time pitched forward then the video would be mostly close ups on grass etc..... I have still not finished my mount on the Quad for the GoPro so things will improve :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts