GoPro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
Here is a revisit to a location I flew when I first started to fly quadcopters back in August 2012. Its a disused quarry on Dartmoor, the stone from this quarry made the Falklands War Memorial at Port Stanley on the Falkland islands.

Video and radio signal stayed constant while playing around this site which was a surprise due to all the metal work and walls. If I ever revisit this site then I will be increasing my speed for some great action.

Best viewed full screen @1080p
http://youtu.be/8-oyvIZMgIM

·
Administrator
9,975 Posts
Yep wished we can just get the experience and time to get to that level.

awesome job flyin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep wished we can just get the experience and time to get to that level.

awesome job flyin
Cheers again Fishycomics, its very rare that I get to fly much since September last year as the weather has been terrible here, it takes a good five minutes (about 1 full lipo use) to get back in the swing of things if I have not flown for a few weeks.

If I could do this as a job then sign me up!

·
Administrator
9,975 Posts
Your video's inspire a lot of people, keep the great work up.. I agree I hire you in a heart beat, but FREE is all I can offer here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quadcopter

Hi Guys, I stumbled across this when I searched 'Quadcopter Hire Dartmoor' into google. I am producing a short film with my film company LOWKEY Films and principal filming will take place throughout the Dartmoor National Park. around 19th December. The project is essentially a love story, set in a barron landscape 40 years after an apocalypse. The story doesn't focus on the evil of the world, but more on the love between the two lead characters and what has driven them apart. We have been looking at trying to get along a local Quadcopter pilot (with a quadcopter and gopro) to film some of the shots. We will be filming mostly on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera but after seeing some of the footage online achieved with these quadcopters, we felt it could bring another dimension to the film. I was wondering if any of you would be able to help. Best, Jamie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Amazing!

Did you maintain the Wifi signal from the gopro camera while you were flying the QC?
Or, was it that you flew the QC without livestreaming?

I am having trouble getting the Wifi signal beyond 100'. Would like to know if you had better luck.

·
pineappleboyfilms-YouTube
10 Posts
Great control, man. And such a fantastic location. I love that track, too. Free music archive is awesome.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Did you maintain the Wifi signal from the gopro camera while you were flying the QC?
Or, was it that you flew the QC without livestreaming?
on a drone you use a separate radio transmitter (plugged into the GoPro's USB socket) to view the fpv through either a monitor or goggles as in this case. The GoPro's wifi frequency is very close to that of some drones using the 2.4ghz & caused many an issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts