GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I've got a weird question. I'm getting married soon and would like to get some aerial photos the day if the wedding. Problem is I'm 3 miles from a airport. Does anyone know if you can get temporary permission to fly within a restricted area? I will literally be flying karma for like 10min. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends what country and what airport - lots have restrictions now, can result in big fines and potentially criminal charges

·
Registered
14 Posts
If your in the US there is a no fly zone 5 miles around airports. I don't think the Karma would even take off

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
If your in the US there is a no fly zone 5 miles around airports. I don't think the Karma would even take off

That's what I have read. I was set on buying one but then my area is within a 5 mile zone. I can't even use it in my yard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It never hurts to ask, I spend my weekends less than half a mile from a RAF base in the UK, when I rang to ask they said as long it's the weekend and I don't overfly the base they didn't have a problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I have read. I was set on buying one but then my area is within a 5 mile zone. I can't even use it in my yard.
Yes most of the newer ones have software that won't let them work within 5 miles. I have heard that there may be some hacks for the DJI drones but not sure. I have 2 Karma by GoPro.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts