Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
is there a problem with the hero 2 when using the flat glass lenses that at depth the camera hits the glass and can cause it to break, I intend to use the camera down to it's max depth. what have you heard?
joohn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Joohn,
I recently found

Hi Joohn,

I recently found this video on a Scuba forum of a GoPro Flat Lens cracking during the first leak testing in an aquarium after installation:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/us7BNd4HSfs?version=3&hl=es_ES&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/us7BNd4HSfs?version=3&hl=es_ES&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

That's the reason I wasn't intertested in the single Flat Lens and bought instead a Pressure Tested Kit including the housing and some Color Correction Filters.

My kit looks like this:

Pressure Tested Flat Lens Housing

Greets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t see how it could

I can’t see how it could breaker in a fish tank? The pressure is less than 1/2 a pound or .03 bar, is this just a sales gimmick? I have a long experience with glass and pressure and this video or the camera / housing is not normal, how daft do you thik we are?
jooohn

·
Registered
3 Posts
I took mine down to 95 last

I took mine down to 95 last weekend. no issues.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sTYs2XbLXTI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
7 Posts
joohn wrote:I can’t see how

joohn said:
I can’t see how it could breaker in a fish tank? The pressure is less than 1/2 a pound or .03 bar, is this just a sales gimmick? I have a long experience with glass and pressure and this video or the camera / housing is not normal, how daft do you thik we are?
jooohn
Hi Joohn,

if you take a look at the website of the well known flat lens german manufacturer Aquapixs, you'll find this alert:

=======================================
Piracy of products

We have the reasonable suspicion that someone is selling rip-offs of the GoForFocus Flat Lens. We are afraid that a dealer in France is selling them. This is not only an infringement of our protection of registered designs, it appears also that the lenses are not leak-proof and many cameras were flooded already. Beside this, the lenses are much cheaper than our lenses which is one of the ways to find out whether you are buying an aquapixs lens or not.

Please be aware of this situation!

To find out if you got a copy, answer the following questions to yourself:

1. Did you buy the lens cheaper than aquapixs is offering you?

2. Did you get the distance ring? The copyist is using a different solution for the Hero2 problem.

If you are still unsure, you are welcome to contact us. Maybe we can find out together if you got our lenses or not.
=======================================

It seems that the video belongs to one of this cheap rip-offs. I only want to alert other users of this forum.

Greets,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.