GoPro Forums banner

Film with the camera powered on USB C power

Tags
hero 10
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  aminthomasraden 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 5V-3A (max 45W) samsung USB C charger that I use to power my GoPro Hero 10 without battery. The camera works when it is powered with the USB C charger but can only record videos of 8 minutes. Is it normal ?

Can we record videos while charging gopro hero 10 without battery ?

Thanks for your help

#3 ·
I bought a set of cables that I thought would work from the port on my dash. It powers the camera and instead of an error message it give a message of USB connected. But the camera must think it is waiting to transfer files rather than seeing the cable as power only. I think powering it with that cable from the cigarette lighter with an adapter might work. Here is wat I bought:

I wonder if this would work:

#4 ·
Short video clips are usually the result because the camera overheats and stops. A solution is to take out the battery and power the gopro with a powerbank. However, the Gopro Hero 10 mediamod do not work with that setup, it complains that you do not have a battery inserted and shuts down. The solution is to install the latest Gopro labs software, and enable the "TUSB" fuction. This turns off the USB power check on the Gopro making it less sensitive to various USB power sources.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.