GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Trike Rider
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked before but have not gotten a "fix" for my query.
When I download the video from my Hero 7 White to my computer I have the expected video files.
I also have a number of other files that I have no idea what or why they are on my micro SD card.
My Hero 4 camera does not have these files mixed in with the video files.
Is there a setting somewhere that I can make to keep these files from being produced and placed on my SD card?

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
three files are made.

• MP4
  • LRV
  • THM
Your gopro app used, or sd card inserted directly to a computer, try just hooking up the camera as a mass storage, see what is given? GoPro can turn on & off these files with firmware.

1 you need the LRV to use it within the gopro app, and smartphone.
2. THM is a thumbnail, created for editors to view as...

So I asked this question as well for the Yi4K action camera Please REMOVE the LRV and thm files they take up card space, no they simply fill up my work space.

Well hope thesite answered your question (smiles)

·
Trike Rider
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your reply but I'm finding it confusing.
If I connect the camera to the computer direct....is that what you are asking me to try?
I normally remove the micro SD card and put it into a Sunpak high speed card reader or a Sandisk card reader which I then connect to the computer (USB 2.0 or 3.0)
Do I need a firmware update, I checked a month or so ago and did not find a newer version. I'll try again.

·
Administrator
9,453 Posts
Because you took the card out of the camera. and used a card reader, you get the three files. Do use the camera connect with hte usb and you will not get the three files.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts