GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I change file name that camera records with?
Here is my situation. I run 2 Hero 8 cameras in the race car. One points forward and 1 back. Both these cameras record with a GH prefix on the file names. Not a problem until I try and store the files on an external hard drive. Now it tells me that some of my files already exists in the folder on the hard drive. This is not incorrect. But the video content is different of course. Can I change one of the cameras to use a different prefix so that I don't have to rename every file before pulling them off the SD card to the external hard drive when I am in a hurry to clear cards and go to the next race. Thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
9,363 Posts
Put files in a folder, the highlight it all, by left click and name it whatever.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Can I change file name that camera records with?
Here is my situation. I run 2 Hero 8 cameras in the race car. One points forward and 1 back. Both these cameras record with a GH prefix on the file names. Not a problem until I try and store the files on an external hard drive. Now it tells me that some of my files already exists in the folder on the hard drive. This is not incorrect. But the video content is different of course. Can I change one of the cameras to use a different prefix so that I don't have to rename every file before pulling them off the SD card to the external hard drive when I am in a hurry to clear cards and go to the next race. Thanks for any help.
I ran into the exact same issue running 3+ GoPro cameras most of the time. I put a simple script together to rename all GoPro media files on the initial import. I have uploaded it to GitHub, but am not (yet) supposed to share links as a new users. If you go to GitHub and search for GoProX or GoPro Hero 10 you will find it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts