GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,,

I got my GP H3 Black few days ago,, all seems to be going well. but I have a few questions, and your help would be great.

1- is there a way to prevent the preview delay on the Iphone app

2- Why does it get hot fast.

3- The loop setting (5 mins for example) does it create a 5 min clip then cut and start a new one? or one single clip that over writes every 5 mins?

4- Why there is no Iphone app review when I set the res on 1440p and above?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi
1- as far as I'm aware that's just something you have to put up with. I haven't found any fixes for that. I'd love someone to chime in and say I'm wrong there...

2- don't know, mine has no issues sitting inside the water proof casing when sitting on the windscreen in direct sun.

3- someone else will have to answer this as I don't know. I'd say just try it and see what happens. Never got around to trying it. I was under the understanding that i could fill the card and let it overwrite itself like a dash cam, this being the reason I chose the black. Maybe I misread it?

4- that would be either because the wifi cannot support streaming of data that big, or because the iPad can not display video of that size. If you put the files above 1080 directly on the iPad using a card reader, you cannot play any file over 1080p

Hope this helps, with my limited experience with the black which i only purchased three/four weeks ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank a lot Karl,, been helpfull,, as for the heat I'm in Saudi Arabia,, Temp can be an issue :) for the loop I'll wait for an expert member,,

for the app review you make total sence,, Thanks again

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not an expert and guessing

1. I've heard there is less delay with an Android
2. Rapid battery use, writing to the card and limited space in camera for heat sink or the camera body is the heat sink and it gets hot. It will shut down on it's own if too hot. Sorry heat is never a good thing.
3. Quoting from the manual
Multiple chapter files are written to your memory card. This allows for small segments of content to be overwritten during loop recording. When viewing on a computer screen you will see separate files for each time segment. Use video editing software if you wish to combine files into a longer video.
Remember there is a file size limitation of about 4 gig. So for example, after setting the camera for a 20 minute loop it will write four 5-minute videos. Erasing the first 5-minute while writing the last.
4. Karl's answer seems reasonable. Perhaps the iPad caches the video, hence the delay and the cache is too small to hold the larger video. Or due to the limited "horsepower" of the iPad there is no way it can even play video of that resolution, so why try? Sort of related: the iPad cannot read the exFAT formatted cards with the card reader attachment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts