GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I used to have some issues with the GoPro 7. The EIS would start to act up and the screen would be all jumpy. I dunno what was the reason, the sent me a replacement and it had the same issue, I said whatever and stopped using it. Then the 8 came out and I started using it. I would get sd card error every now and then and it bugged the crap outta me. The card I had was Evo select.

So I ended up getting MAX ENDURANCE from SanDisk and I never had any issue since then. You see, I used to use looping mode all the time. Hours upon hours. So they said that I need a "dash cam" memory card. So that why I got it.

I got the 10 and well it meet the minimum requirements I thought I would be ok but every now and then it would say, this card isn't fast enough consider getting a v30 or higher. (The thing is, it is a v30 card) max write though was 40MB. So I thought ok fine. I decided to go back to my Samsung Evo select and use it. It matches everything their recommended SD card has. So yeah..I tried it and it worked for some time then I got the bloody error of it's not fast enough. :( So I'm wondering what is the minimum write speed needed for the maximum performance mode everything for the go pro. BTW I ordered the 1tb SanDisk extreme cause although it not on their recommended list, the size; the whole extreme line is

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,875 Posts
Get a SanDisk Extreme Pro and never worry about card speed again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only important information is the writing speed! 90mbit the card must be able to continuously. The Samsung should be able to do that too - I use this in my Hero 9 (up to 4k) without any problems.

·
Administrator
9,429 Posts
Samsung evo select plus 128gb card works Perfect for me over the past 5 years I used this card. Sandisk is gopro's supplier for their cameras.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can someone tell me WHEN GoPro updated their firmware to reject SD cards that it deems are not fast enough!!

Been using a 128Gb Samsung for past two years on my Hero 8 just fine and now all of a sudden Oct 2021 it gets an SD card error. Tried another card same issue when shooting 4k 30p. This was a card that has not been used as much so doubt card degradation.

I am fully aware of the naming tech specs off microSD cards but find it odd that my cards just stopped working. I do have the coveted Sandisk v30 spec card but a 32Gb version and it seems to be the only card that works now.

Did they update the bitrate or something? Never had any card issues since my hero 2!

·
Registered
13 Posts
SD Cards do plays a major role in your art. I believe Samsung Evo is good choice. However, if you are still lookin to change the SD card then, I would recommend you to go for Lexar Professional 1066x 256GB Micro SDXC UHS-I or SanDisk 256GB Extreme micro SDXC UHS-I. These are the best SD cards you can get within reasonable price and totally reliable with best performance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts