GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can no longer stream to Facebook using my Hero 9 since Friday. When I try, I get this error:
Communication Device Font Material property Gadget Screenshot

The error is Something Went Wrong. The description is Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on to continue. This dialog displays once I hit the blue button at the bottom. You'll note that the camera is successfully connected to my phone's hotspot, indicated by the lack of a spinning icon to the right of the network SSID and the hotspot icon on the right of the network SSID (I blanked it out to maintain privacy).

That is a bogus error for three reasons.

First, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on:
Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device Gadget Font

Second, I can stream fine if I stream to GoPro directly instead of to Facebook. As evidence, this is the stream I did right after being unable to stream on Facebook: live video started immediately after the bogus Facebook error

Third, I have streamed to Facebook many times this past year, typically a few times a week. I have changed nothing relevant to the operation of live streaming. My camera, phone, cell plan, and Facebook account are the same as they have always been.

As a double-check, I did a factory reset on my camera. That did not help. I also power-cycled my phone a few times. Finally, I tapped the Get Support button on the dialog and checked what was in there. Everything was irrelevant or unhelpful.

I am on the latest firmware. I always install the latest firmware as soon as the Quik app invites me to do so.

I am not sure what else to do. To summarize, the fact that I can stream over GoPro's own service validates that the error is bogus: I have the network fundamentals necessary to do a live stream. What else can I try?

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
I thought I try, and just can not figure out gopros stupidity. works fine for the router, soon as I turn hotspot on issues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought I try, and just can not figure out gopros stupidity. works fine for the router, soon as I turn hotspot on issues
I've been live-streaming over my hotspot for over a year. It has sufficient bandwidth.

·
Administrator
9,316 Posts
Well not going to worry bout it but hope you get it fixed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can no longer stream to Facebook using my Hero 9 since Friday. When I try, I get this error:
View attachment 6907

The error is Something Went Wrong. The description is Make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on to continue. This dialog displays once I hit the blue button at the bottom. You'll note that the camera is successfully connected to my phone's hotspot, indicated by the lack of a spinning icon to the right of the network SSID and the hotspot icon on the right of the network SSID (I blanked it out to maintain privacy).

That is a bogus error for three reasons.

First, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on:
View attachment 6908

Second, I can stream fine if I stream to GoPro directly instead of to Facebook. As evidence, this is the stream I did right after being unable to stream on Facebook: live video started immediately after the bogus Facebook error

Third, I have streamed to Facebook many times this past year, typically a few times a week. I have changed nothing relevant to the operation of live streaming. My camera, phone, cell plan, and Facebook account are the same as they have always been.

As a double-check, I did a factory reset on my camera. That did not help. I also power-cycled my phone a few times. Finally, I tapped the Get Support button on the dialog and checked what was in there. Everything was irrelevant or unhelpful.

I am on the latest firmware. I always install the latest firmware as soon as the Quik app invites me to do so.

I am not sure what else to do. To summarize, the fact that I can stream over GoPro's own service validates that the error is bogus: I have the network fundamentals necessary to do a live stream. What else can I try?
I have been live streaming with GPH8 for over two years and run into this error a few times. My fix is to log out of Facebook from the stream setup page (your first screenshot above) and then start the stream setup again to login to Facebook again. Seems like over time the login to FB will become invalid. Hope this works for you too. I agree the error message is not helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An invalid Facebook login may have been it. On the third day that I tried to stream, I was prompted to sign back in to Facebook. It then worked.

The post title is therefore correct: the error message is bogus. It describes something unrelated to what the error actually is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts