GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new GoPro HD and shot some video of a buggy trip to the sand dunes. The settings were Cnt, r3. Taken about 10:00 am driving in a Westerly direction (sun to the back and left of diver). The sand came out too yellow and over exposed. I am new to go pro and video in general and have several questions.
1. Can you correct the color and overexposure in a video editing program?
2. What is a good non-professional program in the $100.00 range to use?
3. What is the best format to save to for upload to the web (youtube and this site for instance)?
4. Will a ND/Polarizing filter correct the exposure?
I have a 40 second clip to share but it is 11MB and I'm not sure how to upload it.
Thank you for any help I can get.

I tried to upload to youtube...hope it works

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can answer some of your

I can answer some of your questions...

1. I believe so, but have never tried it myself.
2. The two most popular seem to be Adobe Premiere Elements and Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD. I've been using the Sony Vegas and it works well.
3. MPEG4 is probably the best one to use. One of our members recently suggested using the h264 version. I've also used MOV and it seems to work fine. Here's a link to an ongoing discussion about video editing softwares: http://goproforums.com/content/what-video-editing-software-do-you-use-gopro-hd
4. Not sure?

·
Registered
3 Posts
overexposure

check out the thread I started with a polarizing filter vs w/o one. Should solve all of your problems, but on the front end. I have no solutions for post production since to me filtering the light makes the most sense and is the easiest to accomplish.

I made my filter to about $1.00, so the price was right!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bruha....haven't used

Thanks Bruha....haven't used the camera since I got my filter....It's too hot here to go back out to the dunes to test it (117 degrees lately and the sand temp is around 130 degrees). As soon as it cools off (late Sept) I'll be out again to try it . Appreciate your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.