GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

i am a public safety diver and i would like to record dives for up to 2h.
Unfortunatly, neither the internal battery nor a "bacpac" can deliver enough capacity for this task. Therefore i am in the need of a dive case, that can withstand at least 4bar pressure and has external power capability so that i can power the gopro from a battery tank at my jacket and thereby be able to record longer dives. Swapping batterys mid dive is sadly no possibility.

Are there any ideas on how to do a DIY-solution or did someone already face this problem and create a purchasable solution?
Could this be done with a gopro max as well?

Thanks for your time

·
Administrator
9,713 Posts
You are going to have to research. GoPro 3rd party at local brick stores sold power supplies like https://www.bestbuy.com/site/digipower-rechargeable-lithium-ion-battery-for-gopro-hero7-black-hero6-black-hero5-black-hero/6133680.p?skuId=6133680&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=1136&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAxMLvBRBNEiwAKhr-nOJikoFhPM_nUJwNIMjxIm9xHjJGvNm0k9s6NNLtbMSLhTGUHz88ehoC0aoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Since you never mention the model. these will work for the hero 7, hero 6 and hero 5.. Powerbanks are out there and modifing a case and being pressured sealed will be all you.. If the Importance of depth and extended records is what you are after, a few may carry a spare Hero camera just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts