GoPro Forums banner

Have you used your 1-year warranty for replacement or repair?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've owned my GoPro Hero3 Black for 8 months now and I just had my first issue (buzzing sound when recording). GP replaced it for free, but now my replacement one doesn't play (or record?) sound. They have recommended trying the update on it, so hopefully that will work! Since these issues are pretty much the first time that I've had any issues, I would have to say that I LOVE this camera. And I wouldn't mind getting an extended warranty just in case. Does anyone know how those work? I can't find one through the GoPro website. I know I could have gotten one through Best Buy when I bought my camera, but I didn't. I have Google searched it and found 3 and 5 year plans on fumfie.com. But I don't understand how that works. If it breaks down after my 1 year plan expires, would I have to send my camera to this fumfie place to fix/replace it? If so, has anyone else worked with them? I just don't want to pay $60 if it is some kind of scam.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
434 Posts
probably best to buy the one from best buy since that is where you bought it.

look over the warranty and ask questions about what is covered and what isnt.

What the process of redeeming the warranty is. In what situations will they replace the camera if it can't be fixed/

Is it a service warranty or a replacement warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts