GoPro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my new Gopro hero 9 via the flashy ad we are receiving in the UK that advertises a free extra battery and sd card.

Ordered by EXPRESS DELIVERY on the 11th,.....
Well were at the 19th now. I dont know what is considered "EXPRESS" in gopro circles, but to most people 8 days and counting, isn't it. I've been onto customer support, and they always say "Well contact the team". Well when the "team" is contacted and when they eventually manage to contact me, they can't tell me where my camera is, just that its cleared customs, and of course I can have a refund when the camera arrives !

What if the camera never arrives.........

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
Well you wanted free. you paid for express?

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
Did you pay for express delivery and how much, you wanted a free battery that can delayed shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes paid an extra £10 for express delivery. Free battery and sd card came as part of the package, no one has ever mentioned to me anything about a hold up because of a free battery,

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
things can go smoothly if everything was in order. since things can get delayed, its best to talk with gopro. at the official site . and see what your hold up is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh believe me, I've talked to gopro. I've talked to gopro every day, and to say they are useless, take days to get back to you would be an understatement. Do you know that there is a review site in the UK, called trustpilot. Gopro has got a 1 star rating out of 5, by 83percent of its users. The only reason they got 1 was because people couldn't give them a 0

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
well not many do visit sites they just purchase and go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure how things are done in the UK, but here in the states "Express Delivery" usually means 2 to 3 days, regardless if it's by Post, FedEx or UPS. Just about everything I order online now comes with a tracking number after it's been shipped. If it was me, my first call would be to know who the shipper was, and what is the tracking number. If they told you it cleared customs, they must have some kind of tracking number to get that information. I see the last post was 5 days ago, so hope you have it by now.

·
Administrator
2,787 Posts
Do you know which courier was used and do you have any tracking information??? I hope they didn't use Hermes!!!!
GoPro aren't the best with their order and shipping process, especially in the UK, but surely you shouldn't have to wait that long for an express shipping option!!!!!
Has it even dispatched?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well I finally received my camera yesterday, after so many calls and emails, plus calls to UPS. All in all a terrible service, which I will never use again. I had even raised a ticket with PayPal, and was going through the process, but gopro didn't respond in there either.

People in the UK should avoid buying direct from Gopro, like the plague. Only buy from UK retailers, with actual stock ready to go

I cannot understand that such a large company like gopro can allow this sort of practice to go on without correcting the problem. If they take 1 look at the review sites, surely they must realise, they have a problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
That explains it. Coming from California, if first goes by stagecoach across the states and when it gets to New York, they put if on the next sail boat leaving for the UK.
I can tell you what happened. UPS has this real cheap shipping service. Instead of being shipped out immediately, UPS waits until they have a small container filled up going to the same destination. Then the package will officially be on its way. Even in the states when something is shipped this way it can take a couple of weeks to get your package. Sellers on Ebay will use this method a lot. I avoid them like the plague. GoPro did not ship it Express! If it was Express, it would have flown to Atlanta Georgia, and from there to the UK.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no they have a depot, in the Netherlands, where all their European stuff comes from. My camera, never left the Netherlands for 12 days.

On a side note the depot, is 551 miles, from my house, I've had next day delivery from places like that

·
Administrator
8,962 Posts
main corp is California. the warehouse is at your Region, and they deal differently the support is Phillipeans

·
Administrator
2,787 Posts
Well I finally received my camera yesterday, after so many calls and emails, plus calls to UPS. All in all a terrible service, which I will never use again. I had even raised a ticket with PayPal, and was going through the process, but gopro didn't respond in there either.

People in the UK should avoid buying direct from Gopro, like the plague. Only buy from UK retailers, with actual stock ready to go

I cannot understand that such a large company like gopro can allow this sort of practice to go on without correcting the problem. If they take 1 look at the review sites, surely they must realise, they have a problem
Leave the PayPal ticket open - see what happens..... lol

At the very least they should refund you the express shipping cost!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts