GoPro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure you all get this question all the time, sorry. Currently I use windows, I have only used window movie maker to edit videos and I am just a novice. I have just bought my first Gopro, so I am looking for something that is easy to use and Gopro friendly, something that has an easy option to remove the fish-eye effect also.

Thanks

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
Two software titles magix I use and Cyberlink PowerDirector, chekem out decide. there is a topic in here of softwares. or Devinchi. I go with PowerDirector and its Easy once learned , from the start nothing is easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new to editing software myself but I use PowerDirector as well, it has a ton of great tutorials out there and simple to use once you understand it. If you can find a copy of GoPro studio it's still a great editor for simple stuff and works well. They discontinued it but it can still be found and still works.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Amen to PowerDirector. I used Movie Maker as it was free for years. I got a good deal on PowerDirector and have kept using it. Get the entire suite when buying as well. Since the Screen recorder and audio director are great bundled items you will use!

I still like to use the GoPro Quik application for quick edits. It's just so darn simple. But sad to say, it's even better on IOS. My iPad Pro will render high res video faster than my i7 Surface with ease. The huge issue with Quik on windows is it will only import GoPro video. On IOS, it will import just about anything and blend them together. Not sure why Gopro limited the windows version. It's a non issue if all you are using is GoPro footage.

I do like the way Quik purges my old video after certain number of days as well. If you go the Cyberlink PowerDirector route, check out PowerDirector University on YouTube. The guys voice can get annoying, but his tips are second to none. In fact, if you care to do it in PowerDirector, just search his videos by keyword and he has probably put up a video showing you step by step how to do it.

Good luck!

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
No PwerDirector does not have gps data, use a 3rd party like Race render. that will see it. My Hero 7 does not work with quick GPS go figure and race render it does. My gopro hero 6 and 5 works just fine

·
Registered
396 Posts
DaVinci resolve, Adobe Premiere pro, sony vegas, Wondershare filmora..list goes on and on

·
Registered
37 Posts
Biff... can PowerDirector see the GPS data ?
What I had to do was pull the clips that I wanted to use GPS overlay with into the GoPro apps, add the overlay into those specific clips and then dump them into whatever editing app I wanted to use like power director. PD itself had no way to use it.

I could very well be wrong, but I was unable to find away to access it, let alone use it. So those few times I wanted a speedo on the screen, or the GPS trail, I would use the GoPro app to prep the clips first.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Race Technology's 'GoPro Only' software uses the GPS data from the GoPro, so you can view the GPS data alongside videos and add overlays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For newbie, I would give my best suggestion - using one simple and easy, better Video Editing Software, because in your beginning of editing videos, you don’t need to buy an expensive video editing software. Stillbonsoftware is a great video editing software, which has many features about video editing things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts