GoPro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am new at dumping videos to any computer and I have a Macbook pro late 2011. I recently have dumped my videos to my mac and it seems to download to my iPhoto. I can view videos right after I download them. THen I come back after awhile and I CANNOT find them anywhere!!!!! argh. I think I have looked everywhere for them. I need a little advice. Is there another app/software to download them to in the first place? And how do I find the videos that are on there somewhere now. Be cause I would like to edit them and play around with final cut pro, iMovie, or the go pro software/app I downloaded.

Thanks in advance.
Matt

·
Administrator
2,776 Posts
If you use iPhoto the files are kept in one iPhoto database file.
I rarely use iPhoto at all - just create a folder on your drive and copy the footage into there. That way you can still view them via QuickTime, or import them for editing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Do you remember any of the names or name or part of a name of the files?

Use the search function within iPhoto. Once found, highlight the image and then under the menu item <File> you will find <Reveal in Finder> and iPhoto with show where in the finder the original file is located.

I would imagine you could also search by date, when the original file was created.

The Mac has many other search functions built in to help you find the files, have you used those? Clicking on an empty spot in your desktop background and then do a Command-F and that will bring up a find box with many different find categories.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.