GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I'm a NEW GoPro Hero 4 user and I have two Golden Retriever puppies 10 months old - of course I bought the Dog Harness (well you would wouldn't you) tried it on one dog and he went crazy - hated it, hardly go any footage because he insisted on rolling over to get rid of it and the angle of the camera was all screwed up.

So my idea is simple, to get them to accept the harness I'm going to put the harness on each dog in turn at feeding time, then feed them and straight away take the harness off. This way I think the dogs will associate the harness with a good thing - food. Just tried one dog this morning and he accepted the harness readily. A few days of this and they'll be so keen to have the harness on them and I can then hope to get good dog cam video.

Then I have to stop the other dog jumping all over the other that has the GoPro - it's all good fun with GoPro and puppies.

Took them to the beach and got great footage

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
share the video's, i keep threatening to get one (an ebay copy) to try on our 3year old Labrador. He loves the local pond so it'd have to be in the waterproof case

·
Registered
8 Posts
My girlfriend walks my Rottweiler with a GoPro chest mount, strapped on herself. She can see the dog and anything else around her. It's a much more stable way, as when fitted onto he dogs the camera footage looks all over the place, too much bouncing around.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
introducing a harness is at walking time for us, as a leash not a accessory on her or him and that way. when placing a gopro harness on. will be associated with his or her routine.

harness = food JK we all have our ways Lol yep show some footage when around

FISH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts