GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My direct question is:* For a Hero 5 Black, do I need to clear the battery low notification on the lcd before I can start capturing video.

Now some more detail.

The application is snow skiing with the camera on my helmet.* What I have been doing is taking off my ski glove and pressing the side button to turn it on and then the top button to start capturing video.* This is all done by touch and feel with the camera mounted on my head / helmet.*

So if there is a battery low warning I will not see it.**

I understand that the battery low warning needs to be acknowledged before I could start capturing video.

This means that I would have to take my helmet off each time to confirm that there is not a battery low warning and if so to press the red x on the lcd to acknowledge / clear the warning notification.

If this is all true are there any work arounds?

What if I have the lcd turned off?* What happens then.

When I ski I plan to shoot as much video as I can and let the battery die.* I don't mind this.* If there was a way to turn the battery low notification off I would.

Any ideas or comments?

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
you have an option to enable one button recording without having to turn it on first. Just look into the menu options. I think it is on the first page with a symbol of a rabbit.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
While you are at a low battery try testing out your theory .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have an option to enable one button recording without having to turn it on first. Just look into the menu options. I think it is on the first page with a symbol of a rabbit.
thank you for the response but you didn't answer my question.

when the battery low notification warning occurs is there a way to capture video without clearing or acknowledging the low battery warning?

I will have the camera on my helmet and the helmet on my head and will not know if the battery warning occurs, even if I did, I understand that I would have to remove the helmet off my head to clear the low battery warning on the lcd?

·
Registered
345 Posts
thank you for the response but you didn't answer my question.

when the battery low notification warning occurs is there a way to capture video without clearing or acknowledging the low battery warning?

I will have the camera on my helmet and the helmet on my head and will not know if the battery warning occurs, even if I did, I understand that I would have to remove the helmet off my head to clear the low battery warning on the lcd?
yes i have answered it, u asked for a way to bypass it. i suggested trying quickcapture.
i havent tested it because i always have spare batteries around and never really use it till it dies but in my theory it should ignore the warning and start recording when using quickcapture. you will have to test that and let us know ;)
there is no "disable warning" option.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
thanks for the reply.

what test in particular, having the LCD off to start?

that is not possible but turning down your Brightness to 0 is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts