GoPro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a handheld motorized gimbal exist that works with the Session?

I'm trying to find a handheld motorized gimbal that either has a standard mount or a universal mount that can work with the Session. So far I am having no luck. The only one I found that might work is the Feiyu G4-QD since is has sort of a universal adapter on it. However I can't find the dimensions for it and am wondering if the space between the bars is too large and the Session would just fall right out. I've had to save for almost three years for a vacation for my family so I would like to capture it the best way possible. I like the Session's size, ease of use, and that it is waterproof so I would rather not exchange it if I don't have to...but I guess that is an option.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
the FeiYu WG uses 2 screws into a bar to secure the GoPro onto the Gimbal, can't be that hard to made an adapter to fix a Session on

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
measure the back to front and post it here so then he or she can measure and say to much depth

·
Registered
3 Posts
is there a GoPro 4 Silver case that lets you charge while using it on preferably like that blackout case or any case that just lets you charge with an external battery?

Ive read that the skeleton case has bad reviews is there any other options ?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i just drilled a hole in the black-out case to allow access for the USB socket. Can't see why the skeleton would get bad reviews its exactly the same case as the standard waterproof, but with some holes drilled in it for access & better sound

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes, Andoer housing is somewhat like a skeleton housing but bullet proof.

A bit heavier than the skeleton (since it's full aluminum) but hey, it's bad ass lol.

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
is there a GoPro 4 Silver case that lets you charge while using it on preferably like that blackout case or any case that just lets you charge with an external battery?

Ive read that the skeleton case has bad reviews is there any other options ?
Please tell us of the Bad reviews that you read that you feel the Skeleton case fails to deliver?

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
I personally use a Gopro Naked case, I have what @p fandango shows. I do not enjoy using a product like the one above due to being heavier than the camera. I do not like the Idea pressure by thumb bolt applied incorrectly can damage the case and or camera?

I personally owned a GPH2 and used the Skeleton case, and loved it. I personally took the WP GPH3 case and made my own USB port spot. I no longer use it because I prefer a crisp, clear vid & aud.

If a External product like the one you just linked, There are many Consumer reviews on the market, to make a better decision on the product you are after.

Not an owner or used the product, but another topic has the questions answered via a personal review

·
Administrator
10,047 Posts
Heavy

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the informative info ! i will just buy Switronix DVGP4USB cable seems more ideal since it doesn't over heat and will work well with my hikes !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts