GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a hero4 silver. Is it just me, or you cannot transfer your data to computer through a usb cable that is not from package that has gopro logo on it? I can only charge it while I connect an off brand usb cable to my computer. 

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
I just got a hero4 silver. Is it just me, or you cannot transfer your data to computer through a usb cable that is not from package that has gopro logo on it? I can only charge it while I connect an off brand usb cable to my computer. 
Not true:wink:

Check another cable

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's odd. I could conncet just fine with the one comes with the package, but not other miniUSB to Usb cables. Is it the problem with my camera?

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
all. most, some, none.

Most cables will work. I would not use a Ebay knock off. WHere did you or what cable are you using?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I never use a cable, connection in the camera looks too weak too me. I use an SD card reader and charge the battery in a. Battery charger.

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
Well you know what they say one to many times, something has to give,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it is cables' problems. I have 3 miniUSB to USB cables, and only the one comes with the package works. And the one in the package looks much thicker than my other two. Maybe because they are thiner, so they are not capable to carry date from camera to computer.

thank you guys

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
well we all have more than on cable, until you find a good one, makem

·
Registered
2 Posts
After several SD card recording issues, I came to to conclusion that the handshake from the PC jams up the GoPro recording. If I just pull the SD card and place it in my reader to move files everything works. If I handshake with the PC then it will only record 1 17min file even the record light blinks for much longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts