GoPro Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
The lens cap is very tight to create a good waterproof seal - although its very hard to remove when you want to replace etc

In the end I wrapped a rubber band around the edges of the cap, and with a quick twist it came off nice and easy. You just need the added grip.

Have had no audio out of sync issues so far, or any lens smudge etc

I do like the image I get from GoPro a little more though........

Like I said earlier, its NOT a GoPro 'killer', but it does present some strong competition....

Will have my review up in the next day or two....

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
@Ifti people gripe about "anything" they got nothing better t to do in life. weak fingers I say. Every one complained how hoard the oil filter was to remove on the car i own . So I am sure they will and you will find out the side port door is also hard to remove as well.

While you do your review not one GoPro word at all I bet you can not?

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
who worked without golves DJI lol

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
if one is interested they can look on line there is a $50.00 discount from a Major company kncoking the $350.00 to 300.00 good luck it is limited

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Today my Hero camera is being signed in to DJI warehouse to be evaluated for a trade. if I accept the offer, then I will recieve a credit. My Next step is to decide ifit is the right time to purchase. or move on.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Today my Hero camera is being signed in to DJI warehouse to be evaluated for a trade. if I accept the offer, then I will recieve a credit. My Next step is to decide ifit is the right time to purchase. or move on.

which gopro have you sent?

·
Registered
392 Posts

It would take you exactly the same amount of time to reply with normal answer.

You did not mention which in that post, only posted a screenshot. So you sent Gopro Session?

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Post #23 is ther camer I am sending in it is a hero 5 session , it is clearly noted under Model. Yep I kept it simple but was complicated . waiting on DJI now as it is in their hands yesterday. myBad on that . sometimes i use the post numbers.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Next step if following this thread. is to choose an option

Once chosen wait for the Email may take up to three days, per chat with DJI. chat. Once credits are in the ordering.

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
I returned my DJI OSMO Action today.

Don't get me wrong, its a great camera......IF you will be using the front screen. If you won't be using the front screen very much, if at all, then the GoPro still has the edge in most other departments.
The other benefits of the DJI are the linear mode being available at any resolution, as well as the stabilisation - major benefits.

However, it runs HOT. Most of my testing was with 4K resolutions, and it felt hot within minutes. In fact, even just switching on and navigating menus it started to get noticeably warmer than the Hero 7.
I think I'll wait to see what GoPro bring along with the Hero 8.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
I really dont see anything appealing on DJI Osmo.

I believe Gopro could top that stabilization with a simple firmware update , it would be even better if they gave us option to choose between current "regular" hypersmooth and improved hypersmooth that would crop more but it would be even more stable.

I dont understand why Gopro doesnt have few engineers dedicated to improving the firmware and pushing hardware to its limits at least for that one year while its their top of the line camera.

Or at least someone could finally hack it :/

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Got my credit and something stopped me. Paypal that was I had to take the funds and move it before I could use it. so I took a $1.50 loss and pocketed the Funds. I still ahve DJI credit will I now use it on the OA. 2nd thoughts wil lI use it for a Opoclet. maybe when a 2nd gen is thought of. Here is a good reason why I stopped my decision as well.

GoPro Hero 6 imput for the mic worked last night, this morning N/a Well tried it all to get the N/a back. the adapter works in all other cameras. so gopro, DJI Yi whoever, each camera will have their own little issue.

Yes i will wait and see what the hero 8 offers for sure as well. I lived without a screen on the Hero 2, Hero 3, hero 4 even when I had a lcd screen, that sits behind Lol I do not even use the App I simply grab and go.

Yes the screen is a nice touch . nothing more.

I do want to get a OA but maybe after the people stop saying tehir OA just dies, got a water spot, Heats up ( wink). Whatever the issue is..

I will stick using hte camera's I got till they die. hero 5 black did Lol maybe time to grab out agai nteh hero 4 back ad put all away. If you ever watch the maazing race. they use the Hero 7 black and well uh hmm did they iuse Hypersmooth think not, they probably did, tehy even used it in a supersuit, above water to protect it from water Lol.

time to sit back and wait

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yep that one lil pebble or coin in the pocket. I totally agree takes one hit its over

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
Front screen is covered so is much more durable then the rear screen, hence why its not touch sensitive, but seems very robust. Im sure DJI had invested a lot onto R&D and tested the limits of an 'Action' camera from pebbles etc, but if its gonna happen, its gonna happen!

I can easily see GoPro copying the front screen idea. It doesn't have to be used by everyone, but at the same time it would capture a larger audience......

·
Registered
392 Posts
Front screen is covered so is much more durable then the rear screen, hence why its not touch sensitive, but seems very robust. Im sure DJI had invested a lot onto R&D and tested the limits of an 'Action' camera from pebbles etc, but if its gonna happen, its gonna happen!
I can easily see GoPro copying the front screen idea. It doesn't have to be used by everyone, but at the same time it would capture a larger audience......

They could just try to make a case with mirror on the front that would still let the information get thru from the display (not the current,tho), for those that so incredibly need to see themselves at all times.
I personaly dont see why are so many people obsessed with front screen on fisheye lens camera. You can also get a selfie mirror sticker and stick it to the front, voila, you can see yourself now.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Why would you, because some one made it and one will buy it, that is why. Am I going to, well my Funds are now on the camera's purchase and wondering if I can pull it back in to the account. If not do not care if I lose a few dollars then have another camera that may go defective, a issue or work as expected.

As for Heat in a sealed camera nothing new there. Yes I can have a change tell it like it is, and even my Go-Pro well go figure always said Unstable and it is. lost hte imput to the mic now N/a where a 3 minute software write could fix it, thousalnds of returns and not one resolution of the issue ever to be found, must be top-secret.

want to be in the camera, get something more trusted. I now say. Back to my old Aiptek, never gave an issue at all. yes its not an Action camera but I can flip the screen wished Kodak had a switchable screen ift hey kept in the camera industry, now known as Jkt limited or Pixipro still a kodak name.

Slow site no much pick up but at least if some one is looking it's something they could be reading. save the dough get something worthwhile.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
well if the camera is not for you then how bout the new 6-11 coming out looks like a robot camera on wheels

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Fads to Fade in time. Firmware May 16th still the same. no fixes for lag, what a shame. one said over heat. others say they love it b/c it does not over heat. Over time we will hear but not here cause this is a Slow site.

Makes you not want one Lol. down this rocky road we will see.:wink:

41 - 60 of 83 Posts