GoPro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Do you ever use it??
Ive never used mine! lol
I am sure it is used on accessories that get attached. For me my Smart tv and gopro Yes.

It would not stop me from wanting one but there are more thing that say No Thank you.:wink:

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
GoPro has a trade up on any camera working or not as long as it is 99.99 or higher just the camera. $100. trade up.

DJI is offering a trade up and an additional 10-20% off, and has three levels of the plan and limited for 30 days.

Seems GoPro is the clear winner for me here. but DJi says you can decline the offer and get the camera back GoPro you can not. at all.

the funny thing is they Excluded the Hero 5 black go figure. and well it is only on gopro cameras no other, but still for other items like tablets and drones.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have mixed feelings about it. in some comparisons the rocksteady works better than hypersmooth, but thats not enough. if they had implemented the audio jack, then customers who care for good audio would go running to get one.

So far all companies just copy gopros specs and features.

I only hope that this will be a wakeup call for gopro as a company and they will start listening to people and get out even better products.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
to own a second camera it is a good choice but to replace a gopro, it is a step or two down. and I can live with what I got .lol

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
From some of the videos Ive seen it actually looks a bit better.......check out iPhonedo's review......
just seen his video, & taking it with a pinch of salt. Couldn't be more biased if he tried, no way was HyperSmooth even on for that rock sample video

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
No-one can deny for a first action camera DJI have produced a serious competitor, which is only a good thing. Its taken GoPro 7 or more revisions to get where it is. GoPro really need to pull something special out the bag with their next camera as otherwise I see the average consumer flocking to DJI going forward, who have conquered the arial market already.....

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
As the Real Consumers are hitting that is where We will now hear some real stuff...

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
i think once people start using the Osmo Action it starting to lose a lot of its hype. So far we've not seen anyone use it for an actual "action" activities.

The front screen has got to be vulnerable to damage, & really isn't going to help lining up shots apart from a selfie (hows it going to help on a chest or helmet mount). I've also not seen anyone use the app yet. The missing GPS also isn't going to help once people start using it for a purpose

Yes good 1st attempt, but i'm yet to be convinced

·
Registered
392 Posts
No-one can deny for a first action camera DJI have produced a serious competitor, which is only a good thing. Its taken GoPro 7 or more revisions to get where it is. GoPro really need to pull something special out the bag with their next camera as otherwise I see the average consumer flocking to DJI going forward, who have conquered the arial market already.....

yes, we can deny it. It took gopro 7 revisions for a reason. They came up with that stuff. DJI just copied everything , they didnt even bother changing the design.

But i suppose it was expected, gopro did this to DJI first when they tried introducing their own drone.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
There is a Song that is going through my mind

Def lepord Rise up, gather around..... or is anotehr one that is where Rock steady must have came from from a song

·
Administrator
2,876 Posts
yes, we can deny it. It took gopro 7 revisions for a reason. They came up with that stuff. DJI just copied everything , they didnt even bother changing the design.

But i suppose it was expected, gopro did this to DJI first when they tried introducing their own drone.
How much can you change a design though?
I mean, all action cameras carry the same basic design. GoPro themselves have stuck with the same basic design for several generations. With the OSMO Action the lens is easily removable, it has a front screen, the battery system is completely different, as is the UI. I don't see what more you can change unless you go for a complete different design, like the Sony range.

If I was a competitor of course I would look at the best seller flagship and try to improve on an already winning formula. That goes without saying. And to be fair, most people do not 'pixel peep' - they will see the spec, see features like the front screen, and be all over it. Either way, its going to be a good seller, I'm pretty sure of that.

I guess time will tell. GoPro is rooted. Very well established in the market which they continue to dominate. I, for one, welcome DJI's addition - its a sign to GoPro that they need to up their game since they have some seriously strong competition with the likes of Sony as well as DJI now. Considering DJI dominate the arial market as well, they could be a serious threat to GoPro. Lets see some new innovation GoPro!

·
Banned
118 Posts
Rocksteady crops too much (~22% per some) and combined with the narrower lens FOV it is no good for me.

You can see some YouTubes where they show the GoPro and then the DJI...boom much narrower view just like you zoomed in a bit. And that is without even engaging GoPro's SuperView, which the DJI lacks. I love TimeWarp on the H7, that too is missing. Where's the HDMI output?! A few more things like that keep me happily with the real deal.

If you need the wide, you can get the wide...from GoPro.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hyperlapse is coming in the next firmware release it is the timewarp.

4K lwith fov choices that is a Plus,

2 years prior the spark had EIS in her and here it is in the camera today,. known as RS

·
Registered
83 Posts
The DJI Osmo Action is a solid entry in the action camera market by DJI - and $50 cheaper than the Hero 7 Black. The RockSteady crop is huge compared to the GoPro and that extra crop is my guess why the EIS is smoother than the Hero 7 Black's - the more you crop the footage, the more wiggle room the camera has to work with to smooth the footage. GoPro could address it with a firmware update but would that involve cropping more of the footage?? Not sure that is what people want is super cropped footage.

I think the DJI would be an excellent choice for a vlogger as the crop factor wouldn't be as much a big deal but for a mountain biker, not sure if I would choose it because I don't want a super cropped footage - I use SuperView when I use my chesty mount and like having the entire handlebars and trails and sky in the footage. I enjoy the Hero 7 Hypersmooth and it works very well and I don't have to suffer a hugely cropped footage - the best protection for mountain biking chesty mount footage is simply ensuring your chest harness is tight and the camera is screwed in tight, if it is loose, the camera will flop around and that will ruin your video real quick. Also, invest in a good chesty harness that has excellent reviews - some harnesses suck - some are great.

I do think GoPro may do a firmware update for the Hero 7 Black to help address the Rocksteady but to if they can compete with it without taking 25% of the image away remains to be seen.

I think they could really take DJI with an Hypersmooth / OIS hybrid on the Hero 8 Black which would give you the benefit of both worlds of stabilization which I hope they will do. Just my thoughts.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
OIS and EIS you think if you Jolt super hard is gonna affedct stabilization.

FOV you like a closer shot that is where the crop will help as any shot in a gopro over ten ft is just infinity or any wide angle view...

As for price gopro hero 7 black are $350 so DJI should have dropped to $300.00 does not matter what the original price was and everyone talks about may 13th its a 50.00 difference but yet all those vids were In mark 2019 time

Well mine is astep closer as my gopro traded not aloss a win win for me. to sell I am making out this way trading

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
If and when the DOA comes

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
1. Oh I can not get the Benzil lens cap off to tight

2 MY camera is Grainy no matter what setting I am in at 100 ISO etc.

3. I got a SMudge i nteh front lens I run it ten minutes it appears again.

4 I need extra bats I can not find any ( people are selling on Ebay , people do not look)

5There is no external mic, aftermarket does not work. Pocket does not work on it ( DJI said a release soon)

People complain and never will top that is their nature to complain , complain and complain.

·
Administrator
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sounds right. add that to the list of isuses good pick up

21 - 40 of 83 Posts